GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a black 2001 ext cab with rockers that are FUBAR, and cab corners starting to kick, not to mention the right rear wheel well starting to pop. The truck is in good running order, and looks good cleaned up for having 150k on it. Just cant quite justify dropping the potential 15hundie on it to have the decay repaired. Is it worth it, will I see the return when I try to sell next year. Or should I just bank the cash for the next GM ride. Any help?? Thanks!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Bank the cash, unless good used trucks are hard to find in your area you won't get the return. you could always buy the parts from LMC and get a welder to put them in and get a cheap paint job, you might save a little and the new paint job WILL help the resale of your ride.

·
Registered
610 Posts
new cab corners and rockers on my dads 88. they were $75 a side and we did it in about a week or so. also our local napa store took the color code off the truck and colored matched his paint and put it into an aerosal can, we sanded down the welds taped it off primered and painted it and it turned out great......just a thought!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, wish I did. Live in RI. LMC has the rockers for $180/side, cab corner about 40 each. Right there with shipping I'm over 500. The local body guy would repair/paint it for $250 a side, thats not including the cab corners though.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Not sure on the lmc parts as i have never ordered any body parts, i get most of my stuff from a U pull it type junk yard. There are several companies that you can get body parts (jc whitney,classic parts) that may be better quality. I still belive that fixing the truck would be worth it.

·
Registered
527 Posts
skullmtn who's do you use?

·
Registered
28 Posts
skullmtn who's do you use?
I've used some of LMC's panels and cab mounts but was not too impressed. Most, if not all of my replacement panels have been custom made in my shop at home using metal brakes, anvils, dollies and even the vise. I may sound like an idiot but, I'm very skilled at tin-bashing, and a little filler covers a lot. I also do a lot of exploring the back country of B.C. and always coming across abandoned cars and trucks that have been there for years, with lots of good parts and panels, good old American Iron. Some of the old dump-sites here have lots of cars, some that still run. I generally work on older vehicles, so finding a panel usually isn't that hard. I found a bunch of steering parts for my VW sand rail from a Bug that would been expensive to buy. A rescent find was a front clip for the 49-53 GMC, that needs very little work.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Thanks man wish I lived closer to you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.