GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’d like to know if anyone has had a bad experience with a Rough Country leveling/lift kit. I have a 2017 Silverado High Country. In October 2019, I had a 2.5 inch leveling kit installed that included a 1 inch lift in the rear. Very shortly after having the system installed, I noticed what sounded like a “knocking” coming from underneath the front end. The noise got progressively worse. I even took my truck back to the shop that did the install and was told they couldn’t find anything wrong and that they re-torqued everything and everything was fine. And for a few days after, the truck was quiet. Shortly after that, the “knocking” sound returned and now it sounds like something is about to fall out from under my truck. I’m no expert by any means, and I’m speculating here, but I think there could be some slippage wherever the lift system is attached to the springs, or wherever. So again, I’m wondering if anyone in this forum has had a similar experience and can shed some light on the situation. Thanks.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I know nothing about lift kits but looking at their site for Ford, they have spacers for the top of the struts.
Were the front springs changed out, what about the front torsion bar? Something is over extended and there is a gap. Could be a bushing? If you get it to a shop and on a lift, weight has to be placed on the front wheels unless the shop has a ramp type lift.

·
Registered
964 Posts
It's going to be pure guesswork if you don't give what kind of leveling kit in the front was used.
New struts or spacers that go on top of existing struts? Pictures?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts