GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 silverado with a 5.7 motor. I have done a tune up with new wires, cap, rotor, plugs, new O2 sensor and new fuel injectors, sprayed the throttle body down and cleaned the IAC. The truck runs pretty good but idles kind of rough and when I look down into the throttle body I see a drip of fuel every once in a while. I have pulled the injectors out and re-checked the orings and it all seems good. I also checked the temp sensor and at operating temp it showed about 200 ohms and after cooling for about an hour it read about 540 ohms so it seems to be working. I have no codes and not sure what else to look at. Was thinking maybe the fuel pressure regulator may be bad but I am kind of scared to mess with it. It seems to spray good when reved but at idle and after reving I see afew drips of fuel along with the spray. Any ideas?
Terry

·
Registered
337 Posts
When you cleaned your TB, did you do a full TB rebuild kit on it??
Did you also check your Fuel Pressure Regulator??

If it is dripping down fuel from the injectors....
Sounds like it could be your Fuel Pressure Regulator...
Your Injectors and rings are put properly back in place??
And your Fuel Metering body is firmly secured to the TB??

Those are things I would check initially.

But if you have not done a full Rebuild of the TB, you might as well get the kit and some TB spray and do it.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

I will also say that with my truck...
There are times when this thing will have a "rev'd" up idle....if I had a Tach on the thing I would bet the RPMs are between 1800 and 2500 at idle....

Then there are other times when he calms down and the idle sounds right and smooth....

I still have not figured out what the deal is with that....I guess I will at some point.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Could also be that your injector(s) are shot and need to be replaced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts