GM Truck Club Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey Ray, the link didn’t work? I remember that thread though. Good reference.

James K... pull the codes. History too. Post what you find on this thread. But, you have all the symptoms... some got lucky and only had to rebuild the top end once. Others, not so much.

·
Registered
12,693 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Ray, the link didn’t work? I remember that thread though. Good reference.

James K... pull the codes. History too. Post what you find on this thread. But, you have all the symptoms... some got lucky and only had to rebuild the top end once. Others, not so much.
I have pulled the codes, I will have to do it again, I don't remember what they are at the moment. I have o0ther issues going on as well. My oil pressure sending unit went bad and my evaporative system is throwing a code as well. I will post them once I get them again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not worried about how the thread got started. People who are having issues with the stabilatrac and the rough idling is what I'm worried about. I'm trying to get anyone and everyone that has had or is having this issue. Something has to be done. Like you said, GM is hoping this issue is just gonna go away but it's not. Not until the consumers put enough pressure on them to force them to do something. The more people on board the better off we'll be. So ANYONE that's having issues with the stabilatrac light and rough idling please get in touch with me so we can get this thing going
Have you guys found out any info on this my 07 Tahoe has just started doing this. Not really liking what I’m reading as I don’t have 4-7 grand for a new engine. Feel like I just got kicked in balls.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you guys found out any info on this my 07 Tahoe has just started doing this. Not really liking what I’m reading as I don’t have 4-7 grand for a new engine. Feel like I just got kicked in balls.

Try and clean the throttle body. The first time I got the messages that fixed it. If it does fix the problem I would look to sell your Tahoe.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I am tearing into mine this coming weekend. I am replacing all the AFM lifters. I cant afford 3-7 grand either, the set I found on Partsgeek was 300 for all the lifters, gaskets, head bolts and lifter trays. If it works I may end up selling it.

·
Super Moderator
739 Posts
Without the cods you or us are only guessing, it could be anything from $25 and 20 minutes of your time to a new engine. There is more than one thing that can cause these issues. Please help us help you, go to an auto parts place fore a free code check. If you went ot a mechanic to get the codes read, if you paid for it insist that they tell you the codes that they read.

·
Registered
12,693 Posts
If your having a traction control off and stability control off and reduced power message, IT IS NOT AN AFM LIFTER PROBLEM.

It is only a $30 fix

You need to change the pedal position sensor on the throttle body.

Please read the thread to see if your problem matches the problem outlined in the GM service bulletin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry the code that popped up is a cylinder 2 misfire.. it only happens when when im letting it warm up in the morning before work.The traction control light will pop on as well. The check engine light will flash until I start driving it. Once driving the traction control off light will go off and the check engine light will quit flashing. I don’t get the message about reduce engine power nor has it stalled on me yet.
If your having a traction control off and stability control off and reduced power message, IT IS NOT AN AFM LIFTER PROBLEM.

It is only a $30 fix

You need to change the pedal position sensor on the throttle body.

Please read the thread to see if your problem matches the problem outlined in the GM service bulletin
haveing

·
Registered
12,693 Posts
OK, that is a different problem.

It is also different that the AFM problem.
AFM is only on cylinders 1, 4, 6 and 7.

I would start a new thread, detailing to your problem; and, I'm sure we can get it solved.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I haven't had any luck finding a lawyer to take the case. Apparently someone has to die before any action will be taken. So if anyone who wants to try and get this going maybe y'all can help try and find someone to take the case. I've had 75 people email me about this but I know there's a lot more having the same issues. Maybe if we all start harassing GM or some of these lawyers we can get something going . I'm not giving up yet but any help from u guys would be great. Feel free to email me with any questions

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m new to the forum, however I had the same issue originally posted. I have an 07 Tahoe LTZ with 193k. Was stopped at a red light, the truck stalled, started it back up, and the SE light came on with the Service Stabilitrack and Service Traction Control warnings. I had no AC, no tach, rough idle, shifting hard between 1st and 2nd, and it didn’t start on first turn. Got it home and had the codes read. It gave a faulty crankshaft position sensor code. Bought a new one and installed and it seems to have fixed the issue.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts