GM Truck Club Forum banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good morning, after hours of research after all of the diagnosing it is the AFM or DOD system that is stuck probably due to a mushrooming lifter shelf. Will be doing a DOD delete since I have to rip the top of the motor off to change the lifter. Kits are between 5-700 bucks. As long as the damaged lifter didn’t cause any further damage it should be straight forward and will no longer have to deal with the garbage DOD system.

·
Registered
14,764 Posts
#6 is an AFM cylinder; but I don't think (from your description) that you have an AFM problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
#6 is an AFM cylinder; but I don't think (from your description) that you have an AFM problem.
based on the knock and then eventually the number 6 cylinder misfire and the amount of oil on the plug after changing plugs, wires, coil pack swaps, oil change, intake manifold cleaning... there’s no other viable option but a stuck lifter due to the DOD system. The delete kit is 5-700if I do it myself. The only other option would be a LQ4 swap that gets rid of that plague of a system as well and adds more power. Just weighing cost options at this point because everything points to the DOD/AFM system.

·
Registered
14,764 Posts
See, here's what I was talking about in an earlier post..............you didn't give us any of that information.

101 - 104 of 104 Posts