GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced rims and tires on my 2016 Silverado 2500 HD (6.0 L). I installed 34×12.5 Wild Peak tires along with 20" Moto wheels, and a leveling kit. I towed my 24' travel trailer from Los Angeles County to Colorado Springs and the ride was horrible. I made the same trip with stock wheels and tires 2 years ago and had no issues. Did I make a mistake with wheels/tires and leveling kit? Should I lift truck? I expected some power loss but was surprised by how much. Thinking of installing tuner to compensate for power loss.
Would appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I would say it was a mistake. Why did you change the wheels and tires when you had no issues with it stock.
Wild Peak tires are a somewhat aggressive design and has rigid tread blocks. I can understand the horrible ride.
Also, larger wheels and tires will cause gas milage, speedo and more wear.
You will need a compensating tune to help with power loss.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say it was a mistake. Why did you change the wheels and tires when you had no issues with it stock.
Wild Peak tires are a somewhat aggressive design and has rigid tread blocks. I can understand the horrible ride.
You will need a compensating tune to help with
I needed new tires and didn't like the old stock rims. Some 2500's come with 20" stock rims. My 04 1500 pulled just fine with KO2's and a tune. Getting a tune in California is tough these days. Black Bear Performance tuned my old truck and I loved it. Increased torque and MPG. They are based in Idaho now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts