GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of these may appear humorous but break any one of them and you will find I not only have no sense of humor, I will become a nightmare.

Rule 1 - Leave the radio/windows/horn alone

-Do not play with the power windows, they are not a toy.

-Do not touch the radio. If you do not like my music, do not ride with me. I do not care if you have a song I absolutely have to hear.

-Do not reach across and honk my horn. Do so and I will break your fingers. If other drivers annoy you as a passenger then perhaps you should not be in the vehicle at all.

Rule 2 - No feet on the dash/in the window

- My vehicle is not your fracking living room so keep your feet on the floor. (The only exception to this rule is if you are a woman and we are having sex).

Rule 3 - Only water may be consumed in the vehicle.

- If you want to eat, go to a restaurant. I will one day want to sell/trade my vehicle and do not need anything in it that could adversely affect the resale value. Also, if you feel the slightest need to puke, speak up so I can let you out. You puke in my vehicle and you will not only clean it up but pay for the professional detailing that follows.

Rule 4 - Absolutely no smoking… EVER!!!

- I don't care if it's cigarettes, cigars, pipe or vape. If it produces smoke it is not allowed in the vehicle. You attempt to smoke in my vehicle and I reserve the right to make you eat whatever you are trying to smoke. If you think that will make you puke, see rule #3.

Rule 5 - No sitting on the vehicle

- That is what chairs are for. Don’t have a chair, sit on the fracking ground. You are not Tawny Kitaen and this is not a music video. I work too hard to maintain the finish on my vehicle for you to mar it with the rivets on your overpriced jeans or dent the hood because you had a big lunch.

Rule 6 - No hitting on women

- You look like a moron hanging out the window cat calling women. Have some respect. AND WHY IS THE WINDOW EVEN DOWN? Forgot rule #1 already?

Rule 7 - No flipping people off

- This falls under the same mindset of not blowing the horn. Again, if other drivers annoy you as a passenger you have deeper issues and perhaps you should not be in the vehicle at all.

Rule 8 - Buckle the fracking seatbelt.

- You want a ride in my vehicle you will buckle that seatbelt. If we get into an accident, I don’t need your head through my windshield in addition to all the other problems. I also do not need the hassle from cops because you think your too cool to wear a seatbelt.

Rule 9 - Never comment on my driving or my vehicle.

- Any disparaging remarks about my vehicle or my driving will get you ejected from said vehicle…, in all probability without the benefit of me stopping first. There is a reason I do not have any points on my license.

Rule 10 - Do not tell me to look at things every five seconds.

- I am one of those rare drivers who actually focus on driving when operating a vehicle. I’m sure that text message, photo or video you are looking at on your phone to you is the greatest thing since slice bread. The fact that it is on your phone means I can see it anytime so do not insist I look at it while driving. There are enough maniacs on the road trying to kill me, I do not need one sitting in my car trying to do the same by distracting me.

- I also do not need you to point out every attractive woman you see. And if you do see one, remember rule #6.

If these rules are too complicated for you I will simplify them.

- Get in

- Buckle up

- Do not touch anything

- Shut up

·
Super Moderator
6,542 Posts
Sounds a lot like my truck rules.
My granddaughter is continually frustrated by the fact that anywhere else in the world grandpa lets her get away with most anything, inside his truck he becomes an ogre bent on enforcing rules.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also like Frank (Transporter) Martin's rules of the car...
  1. "Respect a man's car, and the man will respect you"
  2. "Greet the man"
  3. "Seat belt"
  4. "Never drink coffee in the car"
  5. "If you take care of the car, the car will take care of you"

Reactions: MikeG

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
I like a clean truck; but I'm not a fanatic, I guess, that's because a lot of my vehicles were family cars.

Like the house, people use the vehicle.

Now, saying that, I expect people will be careful and not damage the interior (or the exterior for that matter).

The vehicle can always be cleaned.

I also have to add, I'm not a fan of denying my enjoyment for the sake of keeping the vehicle pristine for the next owner. I have seen friends cover the factory cloth with ugly plastic seat covers, so the interior is perfect when they trade. Why?

However, I keep the inside of my vehicles clean. The interiors get washed as often as the extriors, the carpets are covered with rubber mats in the winter (I leave the Weather Techs in the truck all year long, because I like the way they look) and removed in the spring.

And, as for vomit......if that happened in my wife's car; we're not taking detail, we're talking trade.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Oh thank god I'm not the only one that feels this way! Some people act like im crazy, and I can't believe how inconsiderate they are.

To this day I regret not knocking a guy out and leaving him in Mexico for disrespecting my car. He was a business associate I just met and we were on business, so you can see why I didn't knock him out. But I should have and regret that I didn't.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Here's another one...you audibly say, oh I love this song, and turn the radio up....and that's the exact time the passenger starts a conversation.....nooooo!!!! Shut up! I just told you I love this song, and communicated I intend to listen to it by increasing the volume to a level that impedes conversation!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To this day I regret not knocking a guy out and leaving him in Mexico for disrespecting my car. He was a business associate I just met and we were on business, so you can see why I didn't knock him out. But I should have and regret that I didn't.
Okay, you cannot leave a comment like that and not give details..., its in the code. What did he say/do?

Reactions: RayVoy

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
O.k, I had a newer car, still with the new car smell. He was a smoker, but agreed not to smoke in the car. We stopped an I was on the phone outside the car. I turn around and this dipshit has the car door open, sitting on the seat facing out and lights a cigarette as if that is not considered smoking in the car. I immediately bolt over there to get him to get the hell out of my car. He moves his cigarette rapidly and the ash burns a spot in my new carpet. Then he acts like I'm crazy. I want to punch him in the face just writing this! I ended our biz trip and got this scum bag back to his own POS car and never worked with him again. I'm not anti-smoker, but I've met some that will screw you for one smoke.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ouch! Some people have no consideration with what they do.

I agree with you. If a person wants to smoke that is their prerogative, just do not infringe on my decision not to smoke and and to not have it around me..., and that includes my vehicle.

I would have left the bastard on the side of the road but I can understand your predicament being that is was business and all that.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
i have 6 kids n a messy wife when it comes to vehicles..... i get pissed right off every time i get in the burb... i do have rules that are constantly broken... :mad: its a family vehicle... the sierra will never look like that. open the door n **** falls out... FUC#ING embarrassing. to clean i park over by the burn pile open all doors and push everything out indiscriminately and sets it on fire. voice my opinions and dont care if anyones missing anything. :mad: then i try to remember its a family vehicle.:eek:

Al

·
Registered
236 Posts
Rule 1 - Leave the radio

-Do not touch the radio. If you do not like my music, do not ride with me. I do not care if you have a song I absolutely have to hear.

- You want a ride in my vehicle you will buckle that seatbelt. If we get into an accident, I don’t need your head through my windshield in addition to all the other problems. I also do not need the hassle from cops because you think your too cool to wear a seatbelt.

- Any disparaging remarks about my vehicle or my driving will get you ejected from said vehicle…, in all probability without the benefit of me stopping first. There is a reason I do not have any points on my license.

LMAO Paladin, those are all great!!! Above (quoted) are the ones I really harp on as well, with Rule 8 being #1 in my book. Also a big pet-peeve of mine is the addition of

Rule 10 - Keep your flipping fingers, hands, head, feet, and face off the G.D. windows!!!!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Good one!

I have number 11 - passengers shall not make any sudden loud noises that sound like something breaking on my vehicle. A sudden boom, pop, etc...by you will get you a one way ride with a walk home. :eek:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have another rule that that I'm absolutely hard on. If you sit in the front passenger seat absolulety do not move forward and block my side mirror. This happens so often and it is very dangerous as it is the only view of that side of the truck. I have a cap that blocks the back window.

Reactions: Beachbourbon

·
Registered
27 Posts
Some of these may appear humorous but break any one of them and you will find I not only have no sense of humor, I will become a nightmare.

Rule 1 - Leave the radio/windows/horn alone

-Do not play with the power windows, they are not a toy.

-Do not reach across and honk my horn. Do so and I will break your fingers. If other drivers annoy you as a passenger then perhaps you should not be in the vehicle at all.

- My vehicle is not your fracking living room so keep your feet on the floor. (The only exception to this rule is if you are a woman and we are having sex).

Rule 3 - Only water may be consumed in the vehicle.

- If you want to eat, go to a restaurant. I will one day want to sell/trade my vehicle and do not need anything in it that could adversely affect the resale value. Also, if you feel the slightest need to puke, speak up so I can let you out. You puke in my vehicle and you will not only clean it up but pay for the professional detailing that follows.

- I don't care if it's cigarettes, cigars, pipe or vape. If it produces smoke it is not allowed in the vehicle. You attempt to smoke in my vehicle and I reserve the right to make you eat whatever you are trying to smoke. If you think that will make you puke, see rule #3.

Rule 5 - No sitting on the vehicle

- That is what chairs are for. Don’t have a chair, sit on the fracking ground. You are not Tawny Kitaen and this is not a music video. I work too hard to maintain the finish on my vehicle for you to mar it with the rivets on your overpriced jeans or dent the hood because you had a big lunch.

Rule 6 - No hitting on women

- You look like a moron hanging out the window cat calling women. Have some respect. AND WHY IS THE WINDOW EVEN DOWN? Forgot rule #1 already?

Rule 7 - No flipping people off

- This falls under the same mindset of not blowing the horn. Again, if other drivers annoy you as a passenger you have deeper issues and perhaps you should not be in the vehicle at all.

Rule 10 - Do not tell me to look at things every five seconds.

- I am one of those rare drivers who actually focus on driving when operating a vehicle. I’m sure that text message, photo or video you are looking at on your phone to you is the greatest thing since slice bread. The fact that it is on your phone means I can see it anytime so do not insist I look at it while driving. There are enough maniacs on the road trying to kill me, I do not need one sitting in my car trying to do the same by distracting me.

- I also do not need you to point out every attractive woman you see. And if you do see one, remember rule #6.

If these rules are too complicated for you I will simplify them.

- Get in

- Buckle up

- Do not touch anything

- Shut up

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought my truck with only two seats so nobody else could tag alone. Children are 100 percent not allowed in the truck. I know it's harsh but that's too bad. There are other vehicles around.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts