GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Suburban that has quite a few mods done to it. My problem is that i keep blowing my right rear running light. and by blowing i mean the light and the plastic receiver (for lack of a better term) that holds it keep melting together. the receiver literally melts. i have replaced it once, and last night it melted on me again. The part is 75 dollars from the dealership. which i obviously cant afford to keep replaceing. I have quite a few modifications done to my truck that pull power from it such as 5 tv's throughout the truck, trainhorns, strobe kits, two 15'' subs, and floorboard lights. could this be the reason that light is blowing out? its weird, because both times the brake light will still work, but the running light is out, and they are both the same bulb. Thanks for any help.:confused:

·
Registered
508 Posts
are the wires shorting out, touching together anywhere in the light or before it?

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
you have to be shorting out somewhere, are these factory lights or aftermarket, if there is a control board for it somewhere that is most likely where the short is, that needs to be replaced

1 - 3 of 3 Posts