GM Truck Club Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody done any cancer repair on the suburban? I noticed that the rocker panels and the bottom inside edge of some of the doors are started to show a little infection and I'd like to get that taken care of while I am working on the rest of the truck. Curious if those are "standard" locations for rust or if there are other spots that I haven't noticed yet that I should be checking.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
No rust here. Different years are prone sometimes to rust in certain spots. Also different paint schemes are more likely to rust than others.

·
Registered
33 Posts
replaceing rocker panels on both sides of the 86, rear quarter and iner frt fender wells but the thing is also 20 tears old. the 94 need s drivers side wheel well outside, just starting on 94 repair. just depends on how you treated her i guess. the 86 got beat to death, and it got t-boned before we got her, so i guess its time to do some rust repair on the 94 before it gets to bad.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Depends on where you live as well. People who lives in places with snow/ice where they sand the roads have a harder time than people who live near the dry desert. Salt is bad on the iron beasts.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I get rust on vehicles out here all the time. Now, I'm in the mountains during the winter a lot so that might have something to do with it. Rocker panels and wheel wells seem to be the first to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.