GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2020 Silverado 2500HD LT and want to get a trailer camera. Are there any I can purchase that are viewable through the trucks infotainment system?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Dude... I think we are both **** out of luck. I am awaiting a 2020 LTZ (same package as yours--as GM told me) and the camera is an extra 595.00$. As of now there is no OEM camera available in Canada. Also..... it only works with bumper pull trailers ((I'm talking the Invisible Trailer---Like GM per-moats it)) . Just so you know...Ha/// Yes..I was shocked too. It still gives you the back of the road, like behind the trailer but it adds in the left and the right view (so there's no transparency)(not like it shows you in the brochure books.)... It splits your screen in 3,(you see left/middle/and right) so if that's OK then your good to go. BUT,,,there is a latency problem with it.It is slow to update on the highway.... BUT..when you change screens(to see back up only) you can avoid backing into that tree with your trailer because in that view mode it gives it to you in real time... So..that's a good thing.(Only reason I would buy it.) You can still use it in single back up mode if you chose and a highway lookback or rear view camera view.So that's a good thing.. And FYI...this is info that I got from research...When I get my new truck and can give valid first hand info I will do that...........Good Luck to you...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts