GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I mentioned in the Fuel Discussion forum that I am using RXP in my 99 Cavalier, I'll do a writeup when I get more data on how it's working.

So far, day #2 I have noticed that the cold-running hesitation has come down by about 50%. It used to be when I pull out of my house, and drive to get onto the main street I would get some hesitation when cold when I punched it. That was cut down about 50% this morning.

We'll see what I find over the next week or so. It's a 4 cyl, so I'm not going to see a ton of power come back. If I get 1 MPG more, then it's worth the $6.99 for the 2.5 oz bottle.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Thats interesting I've never seen the product, it must be cleaning gummy stuff off injection system. You can start by not punching it until it's at complete operating temperature MR MAN. LOL. I wouldn't dream of giving more throttle than is necessary to move the car tell oil has done a few trips around. This is where bearing and ring failure starts.Don' force it off fast idle, let it do it as it sees fit.
OMG I didn't just lecture you did I LOL

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats interesting I've never seen the product, it must be cleaning gummy stuff off injection system. You can start by not punching it until it's at complete operating temperature MR MAN. LOL. I wouldn't dream of giving more throttle than is necessary to move the car tell oil has done a few trips around. This is where bearing and ring failure starts.Don' force it off fast idle, let it do it as it sees fit.
OMG I didn't just lecture you did I LOL
Hmm, I always wanted to use the infraction tools.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts