GM Truck Club Forum banner

Ryobi 18V ONE+ Tool system

9K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Pikey 
#1 · (Edited)

So for a while I have owned ONE+ tools from Ryobi and all I can say is they are the toughest and best tools out there for what they cost. I will review each after the product’s name. Ryobi tools in my opinion are the greatest on earth; any ONE+ battery can power any ONE+ tool no matter how old or new. The system has over 50+ tools spanning 20 years so ONE+ owners never need to throw out their old tools when new ones come out they just keep adding to their collection. Also unlike other brands out there Ryobi offers both Ni-cad and Lithium-Ion batteries to power tools and chargers that can charge both.

No matter where I go I always have some of my tools with me, currently in college I have my Impact wrench, Auto shift drill, 2 chargers, radio,flashlight, lantern, vacuum, and reciprocating saw. I take deep pride that I could pretty much build a house out of the back of my truck if I was supplied with the materials, a table saw, and miter saw. The best thing about this tool system is never having to worry if I have the right batteries because all ONE+ batteries work with all ONE+ tools.

I will slowly add the tools I own from the ONE+ system. If you look at my albums I have posted pictures of all the tools.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to start off with posting my review of the batteries and chargers I own.

The Batteries
Technology Electronic device Machine Gas
Electronic device Technology Two-way radio Electronics accessory

P102 18V ONE+™ Compact Lithium-Ion Battery: Ryobi’s second gen Lithium-Ion battery. This battery is pretty much the P103 with a different case that makes the battery super cheap to make while still providing great power. These batteries are priced closer to the NiCad prices to give people a more viable and cost effective way to switch to Lithium-Ion batteries. Rated at 24Wh
Electronic device Technology
Auto part Toy

P103 18V ONE+™ Compact Lithium-Ion Battery: Who said small batteries couldn’t deliver full size power? This is Ryobi’s original Lithium-Ion battery which then was called compact after the High Capacity came out. It has tons more power than the NiCad it replaces and has 0 fade. Rated at 24Wh
Technology Electronic device Electronics Gadget
Footwear Shoe Games Fictional character Athletic shoe
Electronic device Technology Gadget Mobile phone Portable communications device

P104 18V ONE+™ High Capacity Lithium-Ion Battery: This is Ryobi’s original High Capacity Lithium-Ion Battery. It has an on-board power gauge to check juice level and lasts for hours when drilling and cutting. Has about 1.5 times the juice of the compact batteries, but charges in an hour. Rated at 46Wh
Floor Technology Flooring Electronic device Machine
Technology Electronic device
Technology Electronic device Finger Measuring instrument

P107 18V ONE+™ COMPACT LITHIUM+™ BATTERY: Ryobi’s second gen performance battery built to increase tool torque and handle temperature extremes. The battery has slightly better life than the other 2 compacts but not by much. Also it has a fuel gauge which shows your charge as you're going. Rated at 28Wh
Yellow Electronic device Construction equipment Machine Metal
Electronic device Technology Cable Electronics accessory Gadget
Yellow Technology Electronic device
Yellow Technology Electronic device Tool

P108 18V ONE+™ HIGH CAPACITY LITHIUM+™ BATTERY: The performance high capacity variant of the 2nd gen batteries, which it lives up to. The battery claims to have 4x as much capacity as the NiCads and twice the capacity of the original P104 high capacity. Well it does by far! using the fan as a benchmark this battery can run the fan at full power for 7.5 hours no stop while the compacts last only 2.5 and the old P104 lasts about 4. The battery also allows high draw tools like impacts and drills to draw up to 35% more power than the other batteries. It also is built to handle temperature extremes and has a built in fuel gauge to check you charge as you work. Rated at 72Wh
Technology Electronic device Tool Measuring instrument Electronics accessory
Yellow Vehicle Bumper Automotive design Car
Technology Tool Electronic device

The Chargers
Electronics Technology Electronic device Measuring instrument Cable

P114 18V ONE+™ Dual Chemistry Charger: There’s not much to say about this and the other charger they just work great and charge all batteries in an hour or less. Being able to charge both NiCad and Lithium-Ion is great it makes projects with others with older ONE+ tools easy and quick.
Payphone Technology Telephony Corded phone Telephone
Green Measuring instrument
Telephony Technology Electronic device Telephone Gadget

P117 18V ONE+™ DUAL CHEMISTRY CHARGER: This is the performance charger for Ryobi tools also known as a quick charger. It charges most batteries in 30 minutes or less with an exception of the P108 because of its massive capacity. Like all of Ryobi’s chargers it is Energy Star certified and is designed so you can leave the battery on the charger without damaging it. When left on the charger the charger will run occasional maintenance charges to try to recover more capacity that has been lost due to age or wear. The first time I used the charger I was instantly amazed because it charged a battery that had been drained to totally dead in only 20 minutes. The charge also has a temperature delay charge system so if a battery is too cold or hot to charge it will wait to charge it to protect the battery cells.
Technology Electronic device Electronics Telephone Electronic instrument
Tool
Text Font Technology Electronic device
Technology Electronic device Electronics Games

P118 18V ONE+™ Dual Chemistry Charger: See P114 above. The only difference is it is more compact and colored black.
Technology Electronic device Battery charger Electronics accessory Wire
Technology Electronic device Battery charger Electronics accessory Wire
Technology Electronic device Wire Electronics accessory Battery charger

I will do the drills and drivers next

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
that is one impressive collection you have there sir...
I too have a ryobi system, my parents got me it 2 years ago for christmas, it is the system that comes with the drill, light, sawzaw, and tablesaw (carrying bag and charger included) and so far that have worked plenty well for me! though I am a craftsman guy, (my craftsman C3 battery pack has already bugged out on me) so ryobi has put a bit of a sweet tooth on me for now.

#3 · (Edited)
What I love about Ryobi tools is they have a 18V tool for almost every thing. It make building something so much simpler when your dealing with only one type of battery to do the whole job. Also The lithium batteries are great with 0 fade and actually affordable.

Here's the next section:

The Drills and Drivers:
Impact wrench Handheld power drill Impact driver Tool Machine

P212 18V ONE+™ 2-SPEED HAMMER DRILL: Its exactly what the name says its a heavy duty 2 speed drill that also works as a masonry hammer drill. I have yet to use this function, but at least we know its there. We bought the drill after having a project where we needed a drill for drilling and one for driving ready at all times and we had to borrow a drill from a neighbor. We also got the jigsaw for free when we bought this drill.
Impact wrench Impact driver Handheld power drill Tool Hammer drill
Impact wrench Impact driver Handheld power drill Tool Drill
Handheld power drill Impact wrench Impact driver Tool Drill
Handheld power drill Impact driver Impact wrench Tool Drill
Handheld power drill Tool Hammer drill Impact wrench Impact driver
Handheld power drill Impact wrench Tool Impact driver Hammer drill

P234G 18V ONE+™ IMPACT DRIVER: This thing is insane and makes putting in screws/bolts child’s play. Also it build tough and can handle abuse like many a tools I own I have dropped is and it still works like new!
Impact wrench Impact driver Handheld power drill Tool Screw gun
Impact wrench Impact driver Tool Handheld power drill

P250 18V ONE+™ AUTOSHIFT™ DRILL: Quite possibly the toughest and strongest battery powered drill on the market. The drill has the ability to automatically switch between speed and power mode. Speed mode works for 90% of tasks, but the power mode makes that other 10% of jobs easy as pie. In power the drill makes insane torque enough to act as a light impact driver. This auto clutch design makes the drill amazing and easy to use. Also after hours of work the drill just keeps going driving screws and drilling even very large holes. The drill deserves a 6/5 rating because it comes at a cheap for drills price of 69.99.
Impact wrench Handheld power drill Impact driver Tool Hammer drill
Impact driver Handheld power drill Impact wrench Tool Hammer drill
Vehicle
Vehicle Impact driver Rotary tool Machine

P260 18V ONE+™ 1/2" IMPACT WRENCH: Built for abuse and cordless reliability this impact holds up against professional models that cost 100s more. Even though it only produces 200ft/lb which is less than the competing Dewalt, it costs $40 less and works with all ONE+ batteries. It also comes with a ¼” driver adapter so it can be used as a heavy duty impact driver. it may not be the most powerful impact out there but it can remove most vehicles lug nuts as well as install them, with torque limiter of course. The impact also has a LED the illuminates your work area.
Impact wrench Impact driver Handheld power drill Tool Screw gun
Handheld power drill Impact driver Impact wrench Hardwood Tool
Impact wrench Handheld power drill Impact driver Tool Hammer drill
Handheld power drill Impact wrench Impact driver Screw gun Tool
Impact wrench Handheld power drill Impact driver Tool Screw gun
Impact driver Handheld power drill Impact wrench Rotary tool Wood

P271 18V ONE+™ 1/2" Drill: The only normal drill we own which has the normal 2 speed selector. the drill is very well made and does normal drilling and driving fairly well. This drill came with the impact driver in a combo kit which was bought for me yet I somehow my dad has taken both tools… Luckily I replaced both with much more heavy duty tools.
Impact wrench Handheld power drill Impact driver Tool Screw gun
Handheld power drill Impact wrench Impact driver Tool Hammer drill
Yellow Technology Material property Electronic device Electronics

I have created my own Drilling and Driving kit using my P250 and P260 drill and impact as well as the P107 and P108 batteries, P118 charger, and some drilling and driving kits. This travel kit all fits in the small Ryobi bag I have so I'm ready for any situation.
Toy Machine Fictional character Impact driver Games
Impact wrench Impact driver Handheld power drill Tool Drill accessories

Attachments

#4 ·
I have a couple Ryobi one tools in my work truck. Drill/Driver, High Speed drill, Sawzall, and circular saw, the one problem Ive been having is a short lifespan on the batteries.
I had to replace the batteries (3) of them twice in the last year. Ill normally start the day with freshly charged batteries and have to recharge them once during a normal 8 hour day. I know its time to start looking for new batteries when they start needing a second recharge in an 8 hour day.
By comparison my Milwaukee cordless batteries have lasted me 2 years, Which is probably why they ended up on my home work bench when the company bought me new drills.

#5 ·
I have a couple Ryobi one tools in my work truck. Drill/Driver, High Speed drill, Sawzall, and circular saw, the one problem Ive been having is a short lifespan on the batteries.
I had to replace the batteries (3) of them twice in the last year. Ill normally start the day with freshly charged batteries and have to recharge them once during a normal 8 hour day. I know its time to start looking for new batteries when they start needing a second recharge in an 8 hour day.
By comparison my Milwaukee cordless batteries have lasted me 2 years, Which is probably why they ended up on my home work bench when the company bought me new drills.
Do you use the Ni-cads or lithium? I ask because I have had my 2 P104 batteries for close to 4 years now and they have lost very little capacity and I have abused them like crazy with using tools like the grinder(yet to post) and trimmer(yet to post). The new P117 charger is made to bring old batteries back to live by reconditioning their cells, it worked well on my P103 which is the same age as the 2 P104s. I put the P103, P102, and P107 under many deep cycles this summer using them to power my fan all day and draining them to dead every time. Once I got the P117 and charged each of the batteries on it it ran each battery through a maintenance charge to recover capacity in some of the cells that had degraded. On the P103 it did that for about as long as it took to charge it. I have yet to use the new charger on the 2 P104s so it may breath new life in to them as well.

Btw the new P108s are better designed for heavy draw and constant deep cycling.

I will wait to post more reviews for a bit just so I can edit and re size photos and respond better to people.

#6 ·
Ryobi products hard to find in my area

Great review, I too use Ryobi (and Craftsman), but since I have moved (to WA) I have yet to find a store that carries Ryobi anything. I have looked at the local Lowes, Walmart, Sear and Home Depot, and so far they do not carry anything Ryobi. The battery to my leaf blower died before I moved from NY and I was trying to replace it, would hate to have to buy online, you would think they would be easier to find out here..

#7 ·
If you don't already have one, pick up the multi-tool

I use the Ridgid line, but the Ryobi are sold in the Home Depot stores, if fact, the Ridgid heads will fit the Ryobi tool.

I bough mine on a whim, and I can't believe how many times I reach for it.

#8 ·
Great review, I too use Ryobi (and Craftsman), but since I have moved (to WA) I have yet to find a store that carries Ryobi anything. I have looked at the local Lowes, Walmart, Sear and Home Depot, and so far they do not carry anything Ryobi. The battery to my leaf blower died before I moved from NY and I was trying to replace it, would hate to have to buy online, you would think they would be easier to find out here..
Ryobi is an exclusive at Home Depot. They should have them at every Home Depot. If not ask the service department to order them for you usually they will.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't already have one, pick up the multi-tool

I use the Ridgid line, but the Ryobi are sold in the Home Depot stores, if fact, the Ridgid heads will fit the Ryobi tool.

I bough mine on a whim, and I can't believe how many times I reach for it.
I do have One Just have yet to post it.. I only have the original head but my dad really wants the auto hammer.

Just posted it.

Reactions: MoBillyAla
#9 ·
Ryobi is an exclusive at Home Depot. They should have them at every Home Depot. If not ask the service department to order them for you usually they will.
I will have to go back to the Home Depot then, I was with the family and might have walked right past them... That explains why all the other stores didn't have any though! Thanks :great:

#10 · (Edited)
Other Tools:

P300 18V ONE+™ Nailer/Stapler: Pretty much the tool the proved to me Ryobi tools can take a beating like no other. Why, you ask? I dropped it off a ladder by accident once and it hit every rung on the way down and worked fine after I picked it up. Only dislike is the use of 18 Ga. nails instead of the normal 16 Ga.
Tool Machine
Tool Hammer drill Machine
Machine Tool

P340 18V ONE+™ JOBPLUS™ WITH MULTI-TOOL ATTACHMENT: Ryobi’s answer to the multi tool craze, but they didn’t do it alone. Partnered with Ridgid, another brand of One World Technologies, Inc., they created the JobMax tool head system the also works with the Ryobi Jobplus base. This means the the JobPlus is more than just a multi tool, it's also an impact driver, ratchet, auto hammer, jigsaw, recip, and drill/driver. This means one tool can do many more tasks. The base also has an LED work light to make working it poor lighting easier. the base is built so the heads can be positioned 4 different directions and the trigger is large to make using the tool in weird positions easy.
Multi-tool head: The multi tool head is insanely useful and can use any brands blades and attachments so you never need to worry about finding the right blade.
Handheld power drill Angle grinder Tool Impact driver Hammer drill
Handheld power drill Machine Impact wrench Tool
Tool Handheld power drill Angle grinder Reciprocating saw Machine
Handheld power drill Tool Angle grinder Machine Power tool
Footwear Shoe

P400 18V ONE+™ CORNER CAT™ FINISH SANDER: The tough little sander that can! I've used this for so many projects that its a miracle it works after hours of vibration and dust. The pad shape is the same as Ryobi’s corded counterpart so it is super easy to find sanding pads. The sander last 3-4 hours on the P104 battery and has a comfortable grip that makes hours of use pain free minus your arm being jello.
Tool Sander Machine Wood Floor
Wood Shoe
Wood Floor Tool Hardwood Sander

P420 18V ONE+™ 4-1/2" ANGLE GRINDER: The tank of cordless grinders, even though it is only meant for using a grinding wheel or wire brush it still can handle using a masonry blade to cut through pavers no problem. The only flaw in the tool is that it kills even the high capacity batteries quickly.
Technology Room Electronic device
Handheld power drill Tool Machine Hammer drill Impact driver
Handheld power drill Impact wrench Hammer drill Impact driver Machine
Handheld power drill
Impact wrench Handheld power drill Tool
Handheld power drill Machine Angle grinder Impact driver Impact wrench

Outdoor Products:

P2005 18V ONE+™ Lithium Trimmer/Edger: the With gas powered power in a light cordless package what else could you ask for! this was one of the first tools we bought and immediately is proved its worth. its great being able to trim around the entire house all landscaping elements and clear the driveway of weeds and never need to switch batteries. The trimmer came in a kit that had a P104 battery and P114 charger which made it even more worth the money.
Gun Firearm Air gun Rifle Airsoft gun
Metal
Bicycle handlebar Vehicle

P2603 18V ONE+™ LITHIUM 18V CORDLESS HEDGE TRIMMER: Who said a good trimmer has to be corded or gas powered. Using the same blade as its gas powered Ryobi counterpart this high powered tool easily cuts branches and trims back trees and bushes like nothing.
Hardwood Wood Vehicle Machine
Machine Tool Wood Hardwood
Tool Saw Power tool Random orbital sander Vehicle
Wood Machine Tool accessory

- - - Updated - - -

Attachments

#11 ·
More tools:
Handheld power drill Tool Impact wrench Pneumatic tool Machine
Furniture
Vehicle
Handheld power drill Tool Impact wrench Pneumatic tool Machine

Saws:

P503 18V ONE+™ 5-1/2” Circular Saw: One of only two tools I’ve used by Ryobi that has sucked. This saw drains batteries quickly, but jams up often and only cuts a depth of 1 1/2”. I rarely use this saw and neglect it often because of its poor design. I will admit though it does feel great to hold and is very ergonomic, but its good qualities end there.
Circular saw Machine Tool Machine tool Power tool
Machine Random orbital sander Sander Jigsaw
Tool Handheld power drill Power tool Machine Saw

P513 18V ONE+™ Reciprocating Saw: Wanna cut a tree in half? Wanna trim that branch? Wanna cut through the world? Well here’s the tool you need and it’s tough too. Mines been dropped out of trees and off roofs (yes by accident) many times and just keeps going. Arm it with one of Milwaukee’s high quality blades and nothing can stop it. Even though I own a chainsaw, I usually just use this to cut everything as long as I have the right blade. Another great quality which likely helps with the toughness is that the whole body is covered with a rubberized skin that gives great grip any direction and good impact/vibration protection. The saw is very efficient with batteries and can get 1-2 hours of work per charge on the high capacity batteries.
Handheld power drill Angle grinder Tool Random orbital sander Machine
Tool Reciprocating saw Saw Handheld power drill Rotary tool
Handheld power drill Tool Angle grinder Machine Reciprocating saw

P521 18V ONE+™ Variable Speed Orbital Jig Saw: With very accurate cuts and an adjustable blade speed and cut quality for materials this cordless jigsaw makes light work of plywood and other thin materials. The saw also features a guide laser for keeping on a line as well as the ability to use both normal blades and t-shank blades. I've used it many times especially before we bought the table saw to do careful cuts in plywood. The only drawback with the saw is aw you cut dust builds up just in front of your line so you need to keep blowing it out of the way.
Tool Bench grinder
Tool Machine
Circular saw Tool Saw

P543 18V ONE+™ CORDLESS 10" CHAINSAW: To be quite honest I can’t review this we’ve never used it for anything and I’m not sure why it seems like a great saw.
Machine Machine tool Tool Tool accessory
Vehicle Tool
Tool Machine Machine tool Tool accessory Planer

P551 18V ONE+™ 7-1/4" CORDLESS MITER SAW WITH LASER: the Who else but Ryobi would make a cordless bench tool. Ryobi put the most powerful 18V motor they could find in this saw and then created a tough base, arm and handle so now homeowners can cut 2x4 with extreme accuracy using a true miter saw instead of a hand held circular saw and still be portable and not need an outlet. I use this saw for every project that involves 2x4s and smaller wood. It cuts on the dot every time and gently uses the batteries lasting 100s of cuts. It also has the power to cut wet pressure treated lumber without a problem. It is made so it can do 45° miter cuts and angle cuts. Currently it can't do angle cuts because the handle broke, but its at least stuck on 0
Tool Abrasive saw Miter saw Mitre saws Saw
Handheld power drill Tool Machine Power tool Floor
Machine Tool Handheld power drill Bench grinder Impact wrench
Tool Angle grinder Machine Power tool Sander
Handheld power drill Tool Impact wrench Impact driver Drill accessories
Machine
Tool Metal

Attachments

#12 ·
Lifestyle Tools:
P120 18V ONE+™ Battery Fuel Gauge: Very useful for checking your charge before taking on a project or during to see if you should grab an extra battery. It’s pretty much the simplest thing on earth to use then put it on the battery top and bam it lights up to show the charge.
Photography Handheld power drill Impact wrench Tool
Technology Measuring instrument Electronic device Vehicle Gadget

P3200 18V ONE+™ Wet/Dry Canister Vac: Built to have the power of a corded shop-vac there isn't much this cordless vacuum can’t do. Its powerful motor and 1.5 gal capacity allows you to clean up your whole shop without stopping. Also the motor top without the bucket attached can work as a light duty blower. The vacuum comes with tons of attachments for all kinds of tasks. The motor and battery are protected with a 30 amp maxi fuse so you never need to worry about burning out the motor.
Vehicle Bumper Tool Tire Automotive wheel system
Vacuum cleaner Random orbital sander Bumper Sander Tool
Tool Saw Iron Power tool Jigsaw
Tire Auto part Automotive tire Pipe

P3310 18V ONE+™ PORTABLE FAN: Holy airflow Batman! This fan produces insane amounts of airflow for being battery powered and it lasts hours even on high. The fan has 2 speeds one at about 1400 rpm(low) and one at 2100 rpm(high). The 10in blade is built in a cowled structure to increase airflow and air speed. there are mounting/hanging points all over the fan so finding a place to put it isn'ta worry. This fan was a lifesaver this summer working at a camp where finding an outlet was a task on its own.Now for battery stats which is how I figure out how good a battery is:
P102/P103 & P107: 5.5-6 hours on low/ 2-2.5 on high
P104: 10+ on low/4.5 on high
P108: 18+ on low/ 7.5 on high
Mechanical fan
Auto part
Personal protective equipment Helmet Eyewear Yellow Glasses

P703 18V ONE+™ Flashlight: The 2nd gen Ryobi light which is half the size of the original and has a better pivoting head. Thing is great and can handle falling off a moving car.
Tool Floor Power tool Saw Machine
Personal protective equipment

P704 18V ONE+™ Worklight: The 3rd gen of Ryobi light very similar to the previous except better designed for hanging and weird work angles. The head now can swivel both right and left which doubles the usability.
Helmet Personal protective equipment
Tool Machine

P712 18V ONE+™ HAND VAC: A tool that was worth every penny. This little hand vac has the same amount if not more power than any vacuum of its size. The vacuum easily sucks up dust, dirt, and screw when cleaning up your work bench. For being a $30 product the seals between the body, filters and collection container are flawless and not a bit of dust enters the motor or falls out. The vacuum is super easy to empty and clean with filters easily pop out to clean. The collection container also has a oneway intake valve so dirt enters, but cannot get back out. The vac also as a small extension nozzle/brush that is easily stored on board.
Auto part Muffler Machine
Tool Rotary tool Power tool Reciprocating saw Machine
Auto part

P731 18V ONE+™ DUAL FUNCTION INFLATOR / DEFLATOR: Life saver if you have a low tire, need to inflate an air mattress or pump your football back up. Best thing about this inflater is you can set it to a specific PSI kPa or bar so you won't be guessing if its the right pressure. The inflater does both high pressure and low pressure and low pressure deflation. I have used it to inflate Tahoe’s tires from 32- up to 36 psi and it does it no problem. Also have used it to bring our Forester’s tire from 27 up to 36, yah I messed up and deflated it while checking pressure. It has all the attachments you should need for inflating most items.
Vehicle Machine Tool
Auto part Technology Machine Engine Electric motor
Yellow Electronic device Measuring instrument Tool
Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle Wheel

P741 18V ONE+™ RADIO:
This radio made the 2nd half of my summer and very quickly payed for itself. As noted previously I worked at a Boy Scout camp this summer and I ran the dining hall which also included cleaning the whole camps dishes. Being able to tune to my favorite station every meal and jam out as we ran the dishwasher and I put away stuff made every moment so much easier. The radio for being very small and compact has really good sound quality and picks up stations that other radios just don't. It also has a aux input so you can plug your phone or iPod in. It is said to have presets and does but I have yet to get them to work.

Technology Electronic device Gadget
Electronic device Technology
Electronic device Technology Gadget Communication Device Portable communications device

P780 18V ONE+™ WORKSHOP LIGHT: On full power the light can easily illuminate a whole room and at low it still can do a good job to light up a pitch black room or tent. Also on low it has a battery life of 23 hours when using the P104 battery.
Water Lantern Small appliance Vehicle
Product Small appliance Technology Home appliance Electronic device
Home appliance Small appliance Lantern Floor Flooring

P920 18V ONE+™ Plug in Lanyard:
Got this for free with my sander. Its useful when you find a good use for it but other than that it gets in the way.

Tool Tool accessory

Attachments

#15 ·
I used both Nicads and Lithium and had the same results.
Ill have to try the P117 charger to see If I can regain anything on the old batteries.
I normally dont worry if kill the batteries since the company I work for buys them.
For some reason someone in our Corporate office thinks we go through drills at the rate of every few months, in the last * months theyve sent me @ Dewalt driver/drills, and 2 Milwaukee driver/drills, I suspect they dont realize we can buy new batteries on our company credit card.

#16 ·
The multi tools are absolutely great. I haven't used the rayobi version, but the fein at work is amazing. Totally agree on using it more than you would think you would. When it comes in handy it can really save time and agrivation.
I used a fein "caulk cutter" for work about 10 years ago. It was before they started marketing it as a multi tool. They had the original patten so they were expensive. When their patten expired is when the market became flooded with the other brands and the price dropped big time. We used to run those things 8-10 hours straight a day. They would get so hot that you would have to wear 2 pairs of gloves. But, they hardly ever broke down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.