GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ever since I've had my truck I've not been a fan of the front bumper, the two different color plastics sandwiching the chrome bumper never really did much for me. As such I've always wanted to add the SS Bumper, and now, finally, it's on! Since I decided to add the O.E.M. cover, it's taken me quite some time to acquire all the parts, they are pretty pricey and it always seemed like there were better or more urgent places to spend the cash, so after a few years here it is.

Definitely an improvement over the old bumper if you ask me, all in all I'm very very pleased with the look, it's even better than I imagined it would be.
I'll add some more pics tomorrow sometime.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Very nice Cleans it up!! Nice and Smooth....

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Looking good for sure! are you planning to do anything to match up the rear bumper??

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did someone say more pics? Oh okay, I guess I can do that!

I'm liking it more and more by the minute! Gotta give props to Todd Auto Body of Greencastle P.A., They really did a nice job with the paint.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Yeah they did.. and i like the look of the bumper, however i do wish the SS bumpers would line up a bit more with taper of the body and a little less squarish.. Still looks great and a big improvement over the factory look!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I know what you're getting at, but I think the fact that it is one solid piece and color emphasizes the "squareness" where in actual fact it follows the lines of the original set up. It is just a cover after all. Here's a pic of how it looked a while ago and you can see the top cap is pretty "square" too.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Yeah i get it now.. i guess since it is color keyed without anything such at the chrome from the bumper to break up the corners... hmph either way it looks really good!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I think I am in love!! Have you thought about color matching the door handles? Hard to think that is a Z71 under the drop and SS bumper!!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I am in love!! Have you thought about color matching the door handles? Hard to think that is a Z71 under the drop and SS bumper!!
Yeah, that's going to be one of the next changes, to install color matched escalade handles, same style Mike (99HEARTBEAT) has on his truck, they feature a colored bucket and chrome pull. And I have to agree it's a long way from the Z71 I bought 4 years ago! Here's one of the first pics I ever posted on the site, I'd had the truck a year or so and I'd just added the steps, grille and handle covers, funny how different it looks now.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
I think it is a sweet looking truck now! and i love the look of yours lowered since i know it still has the 4wd and can take advantage of the better handling!

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
As usual your truck is looking awesome:great:

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Time to change your signature. :)
Looks great Adam. Do you still have the fog lights or did you have to remove them?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fog are gone, temporarily, I'm going to fab up some brackets to mount them back up behind the brake ducts. They will be in the same location, just about 4" deeper.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, now your truck is exactly what I would have had if I'd kept Sandy around! The truck looks awesome Adam, the SS bumper really cleans up the front end especially since you went all out and got the brake ducts in silver like they came stock. I love it!

·
4,780 Posts
Adam.......the New Front End.....LOOKS AWESOME!!!!.....Every part, the Upper and Lower Billet Grill's....the Color Matching BowTie.....and of course the New SS Bumper Color Matched........in 1 Word......PERFECT!!!.......the New front-end takes a Already Sweet looking Silverado to the Next Level........:great:

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I kind'a like the stock bumper!:lol:Adam, the new bumper is killer with a capital "K". :great:

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
I have seen some people Chrome the brake ducts in front.. Any plans?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have seen some people Chrome the brake ducts in front.. Any plans?
It's funny you bring that up, my original plan was to have the ducts chromed and also the lower grille and duct grilles chromed, they have the same mesh as the chrome grille I used to have on the truck, but I decided that it would probably look a little too blingy, and the cost of having the plastics chromed was...shall we say...prohibitive!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Wow it looks great, especially with the lowered stance, definitely gives your truck a more sporty look:glasses:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts