GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm towing My car to paint tomorrow, using a tow dolly.
on the fenders of it, says 45 mph. I know that 45 would be max empty (due to it bouncing some) would say 50-55 mph be safe loaded speed?

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
towing

depending on what you tow it with.
but if it says max is 45 then i would not go to far pass it.
If you are towing something make dam sure you follow labeled speeds.

If you have ever had anything start bouncing on those things you will know just what I am saying.

You can loose not only the vehicle you are towing but also what you are towing with.

I have used these and towed over the legal limit, and almost lost it on the highway at 55, 60. Scarry felling.

Better to be safe than sorry, or worse.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I'm towing My car to paint tomorrow, using a tow dolly.
on the fenders of it, says 45 mph. I know that 45 would be max empty (due to it bouncing some) would say 50-55 mph be safe loaded speed?
You take it easy with that Buick Regal mister man, we want to see finished pictures of it soon ya know...LOL

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got it there, and and brought empty dolly home safely. 50 mph all the way, didn't bounce at all empty, it handled very nicely. total city/hiway mileage 238 miles, 7 gallons gas used

·
Registered
128 Posts
Please don't take this the wrong way but I have to question you mileage/ gallons used method. If you did indeed go 238 miles and only used 7 gallons that would be 34 mpg. I don't get half that without a trailer and a newer fuel injected OBD-II controlled Vortec V8. If you are indeed getting that kind of mileage then PLEASE tell me how, you could cut my very large gas budget in half!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no, I meant it took 7 gallons to fill it to overflowing out the fill pipe. I took the miles driven, divided by the amount to fill it

honestly, I don't give a * what it gets, I love my burb!!!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I'm starting to love your 'burb too.

What have you done to it? Any mods to engine, or trans?
Those are some impressive figures. I wonder if you have that 3.08 rear in there. Do you know your rear ratio?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
it's a 3.73 posi. stock engine,trans. all I did is put fresh 5w30 oil in it.
I'll see what it does friday, when I go to pick up My car from paint.... a lovely shade of onyx black( found it in My suburban color chart)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts