GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"Go on, feel the wind in your hair. With a 177-horsepower engine with 166 ft. lbs. of torque, you’re guaranteed a fun and exhilarating driving experience."
GM was just kidding right...please tell me there kidding

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
"Go on, feel the wind in your hair. With a 177-horsepower engine with 166 ft. lbs. of torque, you’re guaranteed a fun and exhilarating driving experience."
GM was just kidding right...please tell me there kidding
It's not a lot of power, but it wouldn't matter if the power to weight ratio is good. Looks like a very light weight car.

I don't know what that Saturn weighs, but assuming it's about the same as an Audi TT, or BMW Roadster then it's in the neighborhood of 2500lbs, which would put it about 14.1:1.
The 2000 Audi TT has a weight to hp ratio of 11.8:1
The 2000 BMW Roadster is 12.1:1

Comparitively the '93 Suburban is 22.8:1 (2wd) or 24.3:1 (4x4)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm not trying to change the subject, and I would probably choose my Yukon over my bike but since we're talking numbers... an '06 VFR Interceptor has a 4.3:1 ratio.:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not a lot of power, but it wouldn't matter if the power to weight ratio is good. Looks like a very light weight car.

I don't know what that Saturn weighs, but assuming it's about the same as an Audi TT, or BMW Roadster then it's in the neighborhood of 2500lbs, which would put it about 14.1:1.
The 2000 Audi TT has a weight to hp ratio of 11.8:1
The 2000 BMW Roadster is 12.1:1

Comparitively the '93 Suburban is 22.8:1 (2wd) or 24.3:1 (4x4)
A 454 Suburban...horsepower to weight ratio...are you kidding me its all about driving over the next object and laughing sadistically...:)

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In all honesty my Dad took one out and said it was puke. He said my 81 chevette would have smoked it back in the day..HA HA HA
The Skye sorry not the BURB

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
I don't fit into those cars, so it doesn't matter to me anyhow. If you've over about 6' tall, forget it.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I don't see the problem Steve. It's got plenty of headroom, since it's convertable. Just because you can't hold the wheel because your knees are in the way, is no reason to avoid buy the car.:tongue:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm the same as Steve I feel like a dog humping a football getting into a Sundird nevermind one of those things...

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
comfort in a small car

I'm the same as Steve I feel like a dog humping a football getting into a Sundird nevermind one of those things...
Don’t laugh.

Steve, yes you will fit, hell you will fit in my Fiero comfortably.

We have guys, and gals on my fiero forum that are 6’4” that drive them..

Also my 86 Fiero SE V6 Has about 150 HP weights about the same.

Does 0 to 60 in about 7.5 seconds. Granted that’s not light speed or as good as a Vet. But if the Saturn is built similar to the Fiero in has a super structure. The reason it weights so much for such a small car.

The fiero will out maneuver most sports cars. Because of it wide track stance. It will beat a Corvette, or Ferrari on a g force skid pad, and beat them both in the slalom course.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
monkey

Now are talking English mastiff, or Dachshund?:tongue:
Just to give my previous statement some credibility.

Some Interesting Fiero Stuff

Performance

- The V-6 Fiero hit .84-.86g on the skidpad (4-cyl was roughly .80-82g)

Porsche 911 Carrera -> .85g (the Carrera 4 was at .83g)

Ferrari Testarossa -> .84g

Lotus Esprit Turbo -> .86g

Lamborghini Diablo VT -> .87g

Acura NSX -> .87g

Acura Integra GS-R -> .82g

Pontiac Firebird Trans Am/Formula ('93+) -> .82g-.85g

Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX -> .86g

- The Fiero ran the slalom at 63.4-63.9 mph (about 61.5 for 4-cyl. models).

Pontiac Firebird Trans Am -> 59.7 mph

Lotus Epsrit S4 -> 60.6 mph

Porsche 911 Carrera -> 61.9 mph

BMW M3 -> 62.8 mph

Corvette ZR-1 -> 63.6 mph

Ferrari 348 -> 62.8 mph

Acura NSX -> 62.3 mph

Dodge Viper -> 62.7 mph

Ford Mustang Cobra (1994) -> 61.1 mph

Nissan 300ZX Turbo -> 63.0 mph

- The V-6 Fiero consistantly accelerated from 0-30 in 2.2 seconds.

The Lamborghini Diablo manages 0-30 in 2.2 seconds.

- Best 1/4-mile time for a stock V-6 Fiero: 14.7 @ 92 mph

Worst: 17.0 @ 80 mph

Both Fieros were GT's with manual transmissions.

- Best top speed for a stock V-6 Fiero: 135 mph

Worst: 115 mph

Both Fieros were '85 GT's, the latter with an automatic

transmission.

From

http://www.northfloridafieros.homestead.com/InterestingFieroFacts.html

·
Registered
128 Posts
Don’t laugh.

Steve, yes you will fit, hell you will fit in my Fiero comfortably.

We have guys, and gals on my fiero forum that are 6’4” that drive them..

Also my 86 Fiero SE V6 Has about 150 HP weights about the same.

Does 0 to 60 in about 7.5 seconds. Granted that’s not light speed or as good as a Vet. But if the Saturn is built similar to the Fiero in has a super structure. The reason it weights so much for such a small car.

The fiero will out maneuver most sports cars. Because of it wide track stance. It will beat a Corvette, or Ferrari on a g force skid pad, and beat them both in the slalom course.
Define comfortably. My '97 Trans Am WS6 was driveable but I wouldn't even go as far as comfortable, especially on a long trip. Also are you saying that you would rather have a Fiero over a Vette? :)

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I bought my dad a fiero (86 Ithink) as a project to tinker with he's says its come long way lookin and running great ($100 car) I will post pics next time I get out there ok 84fiero123?

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Saturn

Define comfortably. My '97 Trans Am WS6 was driveable but I wouldn't even go as far as comfortable, especially on a long trip. Also are you saying that you would rather have a Fiero over a Vette? :)
I’ve had both, right now we have the 86 SE V6.

We had the 76 Vet., last of the Stingrays. I think inside it was smaller, a lot harder to get in and out of, (with the T tops in) ride was harder.

As far as driving comfort, the Fiero seat are thicker, and more rap around. Keeps you in the seats better in those quick turns.

Not saying I would rather have one than the other just that the fiero was easier to get in and out of, and a lot more comfortable on a long ride.

Comfort on a long trip, If it’s more than 2 hours away I take the Burb. I never said they were comfortable.

When you buy a 2 seater sports car you are not buying it for comfort.

Why do you think we own so many different vehicles?

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Saturn

I bought my dad a fiero (86 Ithink) as a project to tinker with he's says its come long way lookin and running great ($100 car) I will post pics next time I get out there ok 84fiero123?
Please do post pics. I got mine for $200 needed a front end. If he needs any help with anything give me a holler. I still have our first 84 4 cyl.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts