GM Truck Club Forum banner

Scanning LED Bar Front End?

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  ippielb 
#1 ·
I'm sure you've all seen those LED tailgate bars with the scanning function. I am purchasing one, but i was curious if anyone makes one for the front end. I was debating on just buying another one with white reverse lights, and just make it so that the white LED's are my driving lights, so when i put it into any gear they turn on, and still have the amber scanning turn signals. But that would be a costly "if" i can make it work without wrecking it.

Anyone know of any bar like this?

#2 · (Edited)
You can buy led strips that are weather proof on ebay from 5-10 bucks. Any color,any length. I used them on my motorcycle are white running lights under my headlights and they look really sharp. Here's a picture.

Also they are running lights but flash like turn signals as well

#3 ·
#4 ·
That just blew my mind!!! I need one!

So what you want is to have it so instead of the white's being used as reverse lights use them as running lights and still have the scanning amber turn signals??

#5 · (Edited)
You are correct. That's exactly what i want. I want to make it so that the front is the Driving Lights / Daytime Running lights, and that the amber will be turn signals. I don't even want to use the red brake lights. I know that it could work if i could just not wire up the red lights. And just wire the white LEDs into an accessory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.