GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1986 Chevy Scottsdale that I recently bought currently has 38-inch "swamper" wheels that are worn down and will have to be replaced in a few months. I am looking for the right kind of tire to use here on the rugged Nevada mountain roads. Any suggestions? What is the price range, and who is the best supplier?

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club. Sorry I can't help with your tire question being that I live in south alabama but I'm sure someone on the site can. Give it sometime as today is saturday.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Welcome to the club Scott. What is the consistancy of the mountain road surfaces? Rocky, dirt, sand? The times I've been to Nevada I only remember seeing a lot of sand, like desert sand & I can't recommend a tire for that. If you have dirt, mud or rock, then Bridgestone AT-TA KOs' are pretty good. I've dealt with Tire Rack & they seem to be really good on price & I think they have a warehouse in Reno which will cut down on the shipping

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Do you plan to stay with the same size tires? Picking will be slim in that size range.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Do you plan to stay with the same size tires? Picking will be slim in that size range.
That and replacement 38's will be rather costly, expect to pay at the very least $1,500 for a set of 4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts