GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 1/2 ton 1500 pickup.
2 door model

One day I pushed the dirver's seat back after accessing the storage compartment. Bottom part of the seat locks in place, but I can't get the back support part to lock in place.
How to get at the (rachet) locking mechanism in the the outer sideof the seat-back?

Appreciate your comments.

JEA

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Not sure, short of taking the seat out, but I am going to walk dogs and get my manual for someone else.

I will see if it says anything.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
1999 1/2 ton 1500 pickup.
2 door model

One day I pushed the dirver's seat back after accessing the storage compartment. Bottom part of the seat locks in place, but I can't get the back support part to lock in place.
How to get at the (rachet) locking mechanism in the the outer sideof the seat-back?

Appreciate your comments.

JEA
Unfortunately I went thru the same thing with an 89 Chevy 1/2 ton, the seat track broke and that lock thing broke. I went to wrecker and picked up whole new seat and had it recovered. There almost unrepairable. Bracket needs to be welded good luck peeling material back enough to get at it.

I almost started a fire HE HE HE (nobody said Cable guys were smart :eek: )

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I went to wrecker and picked up whole new seat and had it recovered. )
Probably the easiest no stress way of dealing with it. I can't imagine that you'd pay more than $50 for the seat from a bone yard.

IMO, sometimes it's just better to drop the $$, and replace, than to beat your head against the wall trying to fix it.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Bracket needs to be welded good luck peeling material back enough to get at it.

I almost started a fire HE HE HE (nobody said Cable guys were smart :eek: )
I love that.

I can't tell you how many times I have almost done that, never mind have actually burned things up.

One hint for any welders out there. Have a soaking wet rag handy when ever you weld, not to mention a fire extinguisher.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts