GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm kind of wondering if any of the newer generation Suburban seats will fit my '91.

Specifically, I would like the front seats, where the center storage console can flip up and become a seat for another person. I'm not sure which years had these seats.

I'd like my 8 seat Suburban to become a 9 seat Suburban. :lol:

It doesn't happen that often, but a couple of times it would have been nice to be able to seat 9.

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
I have a 91 with the captains chairs for the first row, and I just want to update them so I can get one of the "new-style" reclining mechanisms with the handle and the spring, not a wheel that you have to crank to recline the seat with...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a 89 and a 99

I dont know if the new seats will fit either of my burs but if someone knows a retro fit please let me know............

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I could find a yard with a newer burb with good seats in it close by. I think it would be worth my time just to unbolt them and compare them to my current seats.

The flip up center console is the bench seat. I know you can buy aftermarket seats like that which will bolt into the 88-91 burbs/trucks.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Again the bone yards have substitution books, programs in the computers now. They will be able to tell you what will work.

Give one a call. You will be surprise at how much they are willing to help if they can make a sale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts