GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Silverado 1500 4WD Crew cab 5.3L
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an 04 Silverado 4wd Crew Cab. The truck is in great shape and I'm in the process of turning it into an Overlanding Rig. I recently replaced the Leather seat bottom on the drivers side because of a tear on the side. After doing that I was wondering about if there is a way to upgrade the seats themselves with aftermarket seats. Does anyone here have experience or suggestions of seats to look at? This truck will travel thousands of miles off road so comfort and seating position is important for me to reduce fatigue.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I had to replace the driver seat in 2000 when my truck was new. the GM seat leather gave to me at the dealership and the vehicle upolstery shop replace the leather seat fabric ...factory leather was very nasty on the driver seat no cost for me..
new GM I went to the same upolstery shop , the shop said GM was gonna change the various setups ..many wanted to change the cloth to leather/vinyl told me $800 for the front seats $1200 for the front and rear .the shop will put in more cushion material , keep your aZZ comfortable ..

·
Registered
2004 Silverado 1500 4WD Crew cab 5.3L
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to replace the driver seat in 2000 when my truck was new. the GM seat leather gave to me at the dealership and the vehicle upolstery shop replace the leather seat fabric ...factory leather was very nasty on the driver seat no cost for me..
new GM I went to the same upolstery shop , the shop said GM was gonna change the various setups ..many wanted to change the cloth to leather/vinyl told me $800 for the front seats $1200 for the front and rear .the shop will put in more cushion material , keep your aZZ comfortable ..
Thanks, I have contemplated just having more cushion put in, etc. If that's what it takes, then that's what it is. If there's a different aftermarket seat manufacturer like a Recaro or something I would also look at those. My wife complains that the seat is too long for her, you know women are typically shorter so the seat hits her in the back of the knees and keeps her from getting proper support from the back of the seat, even with the Lumbar pumped all the way up, so I have to also consider her or I'll probably be in trouble....again:)

Reactions: j cat
1 - 3 of 3 Posts