GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, my i am new to this forum and i have been looking for something like this. i love it. i have a 99 gmc sierra with 230,000 miles but im about to replace the engine with a crate. anyways the passenger seatbelt wont roll back into the seat after you pull it out. you have to hold it at a 90 degree angle and feed it in. i was wondering if i could replace the spring in there and if so how? is there anyway i could make something to give it more tension?
thanks, zack

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Welcome to the site. As said above, I think your best bet would be the "salvage yard" route. Once the "spring " has sprung, just get a replacement belt. Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright thank you. how much would i expect to pay? and if the belt on the salveged one is bad (like it is dirty etc.) could i swap springs with it?

·
Registered
561 Posts
it can cost $1-15 depending on the yard. you can wash the new belt and cover with super purple clean and it will almost look new you might be able to do it i would practise on a belt in the yard and see----use a dirty or one that is junk as to not ruin good parts....mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts