GM Truck Club Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done anything with the seats yet? My driver seat, the cushion in particular has seen better days. I found a guy that would recover and repad that cushion by itself with actual GMC leather for $175.

Just about to go ahead and do that, I have priced replacing seats with newer or differnet model salvage seats from Ebay but that seems to get a little spendy and most of the newer seats have the built in seat belts which would make the integration a little more complicated.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally did something about my beat up drivers seat. I found a guy on Ebay yesterday that was selling leather replacement covers for the seat bottom for $150. Supposedly 100% Guarantee - the $15 dollar shipping.

I stopped at a local upholstery shop yesterday and he said to replace the three leather panels and the vinyl on the sides and front would be $300!! After finding several full sets of replacement seats , Driver and passengers Seat included and shipped for about $450 I figured $300 was TOOO MUCH to spend to fix part of the bottom of one seat.

So anyway, I will post before and after pics once the cover gets here and I get it installed.

Just an FYI I guess to maybe save somebody else some money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.