GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
533 Posts
If it was running, and oil pressure was OK, then it should still be Ok, Perhaps just a fuel pump? otherwise like phoebeisis & the others, buy a GM Crate Motor, they are about $2K or Edelbroock sells they own engines, ect, . . . with a buck 87 on the motor it is time for a new something new. 200.000 miles on it, you got all the good out of it.

· Registered
533 Posts
Yea it just gained about a 100 ponies over factory, besides better throttle response you might notice better fuel mileage.
The downside is all these extra ponies in front of an OEM trans can spell trouble.
I suspect you dont hotrod the truck, but just be ware the trans has some miles on it and may act out for attention in the future.
I was hoping you weren't going to mention that. BY the time I got my 1990 305 running right, my front clutch pack locked up on me. Well I was planning on a complete overhaul sooner or later. Runs fantastic now !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.