GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the service airbag light is on in my 07 silverado... how serious can this be, will it go away or will i have to take it in for service :(

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Wow, on an 07? Did you bump something, maybe something hit your bumper while parked? I've also heard about some older models having problems with water filling up the sensors.

Either way, if it doesn't go off soon I'd have that bad boy in the dealership pronto.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hopefully bringing it in on monday.. i bumped a few things but it shouldnt make my airbag not function.... i do live in maine the cold might have had something to do with it... :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
That light came on for the first time in my 03 this morning. I hope it had something to do with the truck being covered in snow. I don't want to see a dealer service invoice anytime soon.

·
Registered
404 Posts
That light came on for the first time in my 03 this morning. I hope it had something to do with the truck being covered in snow. I don't want to see a dealer service invoice anytime soon.
Hey Sscotty, it's likely that one of the sensors got full of water. I'd think about waiting a day or two and see if driving doesn't get it to go off. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks, will do. The warning didn't come back on after the first stop I made, so I got that going for me...which is nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is still happening, but I don't get the warning unless it's really cold outside. :neutral:

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
My wife's Durango has this light on. Her's is caused by the clock-spring inside the steering column. She has since also lost the horn, cruise and radio controls on the steering wheel. They all make contact through the same clock spring.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I still havent taken mine in but it only happens when it is really cold my horn still works fine i just havent had the time to call and set up an appoitment and then if it needs to stay argue with them about a loaner.. i cant get a rental car cause im too young its a crock of **** :\

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having a similar problem in my 2004 Sierra Work Truck. It didn't involve cold or wetness tho. I was driving it on a hot dry day last week and suddenly the service airbag light came on in place of the odometer and the passenger airbag OFF is lit on the rearview mirror even when the switch is set to ON on the console. Sometimes it goes away and then comes back. Its odd. Im going to check the fuses tomorrow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
air bag service warning

This is directed towards jeff of maine, my service air bag warning message has been on for 2 weeks,I've tried everything everybody on this site has recommended no luck.Could you please tell me how much that module under drivers seat cost and if I could fix it myself,I do all my own truck work. Thank you and every body on this site,your all very helpful. DiveMaster 03 -chev-silverado-ext-cab-4x4-5.8 liter 4x8 bed

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have the same problem and its been doing it for about 3 months now...it was all fine and dandy and then 1 day it came on and it hasnt gone away yet. I didnt do any mudding or beating up on my truck anyway so i have kno idea what it could be.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same light on. Turns out that the wiring harness on my driver's seat was binding on the end of the rail that the seat glides on, causing the harness to pull out of the connector under the seat, shorting the wires, and causing the airbag system to not be able to communicate with the seat sensor. I re-insulated the shorted areas and bound the harness with tape in a way that caused it to loop up above the rail.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm going to resurrect this thread. Has anyone come up with a definitive fix for this? On the web, you get every armchair mechanics opinion of what the cause is. There are just too many components to just start changing parts. I have the same issue as Detroit77 had. I just bought the truck yesterday and drove it almost 900 miles home and it came and went with no rhyme or reason. I cannot trip it by buckling and unbuckling the seat belt, moving the seat fore and aft, etc. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had this happen yesterday three times, started truck engine dies, restart truck, dies again service airbag message appears happens two more time then truck starts fine and no message. Think I maybe having a related electrical issue two weeks ago while getting an alignment at sears the truck wont start they jump it and con deem the battery. (189.99) they wanted for a new battery I said pass. Called around and ended up having aaa battery service come out truck starts fine he puts on a battery tester and test fine? Beginning to think battery may have a short in it causing low voltage messing intermittently with the ingnition or computer. Any thoughts?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts