GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 traillblazer 2wd with ~107,000 miles on it. I have two problems with it. The first, I think, is pretty common, but I still can not find exactly what the problem is. Its a clunking and rattling noise in the front when I hit a bump. It sounds rediculous if I hit a series of bumps just right. I know others have had the same issue. Has anyone determined the exact problem and fixed it?

The second problem deals with the AC. When I turn on my AC, I lose significant power. If it is in park and I turn on the air, the engine comes close to completely shutting off. I have been told that I need a new air compressor, but would a bad compressor drain on my engine that much? Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

One more thing. Are replacement bumpers prone to chipping, or did I just get a POS?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The noise in the front is the stabilizer end links. Replacing those should stop the noise. Any thoughts on the air compressor?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Loss of Engine Power when turn on A/C

I'm having the same exact problem with the A/C. The A/C works just fine; however, when I turn it on, it sucks all the power from the engine and eventually turns off the truck. If I'm on the road and turn on the A/C, it's ok, just when I'm in park this happens. Strange, have you gotten any answers yet?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Found Problem

Hi Yeller,

I finally got an answer about my ac issue. The dealership found that the throttle body was very clogged with gunk, when you turn the ac on the RPM's decreased way below 600 RPM's, which isn't enough to keep the engine running.

So simple fix: throttle body service. It's costing me $300 but you might be able to do it on your own.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
The throttle body can get very clogged on this engine, you can clean it yourself for about $15 and 45 minutes of your time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad to hear you got it fixed. I cleaned my throttle body yesterday. My engine does not bog down when I turn on the AC on anymore. However, with it so cold outside, Im not sure if the air compressor even comes on. If not, then it shouldn't drag on the engine anyway. That being said Im not sure if cleaning the throttle body actually fixed the problem yet. Ill know when it warms up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Glad to hear you got it fixed. I cleaned my throttle body yesterday. My engine does not bog down when I turn on the AC on anymore. However, with it so cold outside, Im not sure if the air compressor even comes on. If not, then it shouldn't drag on the engine anyway. That being said Im not sure if cleaning the throttle body actually fixed the problem yet. Ill know when it warms up.
If they are the same as mine, turning on the defroster actually pulls in the A/C. This dehumidifies the air going to the windshield.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
If they are the same as mine, turning on the defroster actually pulls in the A/C. This dehumidifies the air going to the windshield.
So THAT'S why the A/C comes on when the defroster kicks on! HAH, I always wondered about that one. I turn it off to help get better gas mileage, then I complain becuase my windows fog up. :rofl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts