GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night was the first time I had driven my new (to me) 99 Burban in the rain. When I got homw, I notices a small puddle of water on the front Husky floor mat - passenger side. I looked quickly and it appeared to be coming from somewhere up under the lower dash area. Any idease where this water is coming from and how to fix it????????????:eek:

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Hi, where are you from and how hard was it raining? I'd check the seal around the windsheild, or some opening in the firewall, etc. I've had this happen before and it was a bad windsheild gasket and some clear silicone too care of it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Michigan. Wasn't raining that hard, but the roads were very wet. I don't think it's coming from the windshield, but I felt up aroung the heating components and that was wet. No idea how to find and seal it.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Do you know if the burb has water only in the cooling system? Could be bad heater core. Should be the smell of antifreeze, but it could be just water in the system.
Ya heater core, put your finger in the puddle, then taste it.

Don't swallow, and spit it back out.

If it tastes sweet it's the heater core.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, it's water, clear and plain (non-sweet). To make sure, I blasted the heater just now on my lunch break (the roads are dry now) and nothing was dripping on the mats.... Hmmmmm

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Nope, it's water, clear and plain (non-sweet). To make sure, I blasted the heater just now on my lunch break (the roads are dry now) and nothing was dripping on the mats.... Hmmmmm
Windshield leak, maybe.

Have someone run a garden hose on the glass and crawl under there to see if you can see it.

You probably can't see exactly where it is coming from but it may give you a better idea.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
It could also be leaking from under the hood, try spraying water there if you don't find a leaking windshield.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you had your a/c on, check your condensate drain for a clog. I may have spider or dirtdobber in it. Just a thought. Its kinda hard to get to under hood, better from underneath.
*rain adds to inside humidity level

·
Registered
16 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts