GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the antennas (antennae?) in the mail today. Opened the package, read the instructions, and went about installing the 14" on my 06 Silverado. It couldn't have been an easier installation. Twist counterclockwise and remove the old antenna, and twist clockwise to install the new one. (Lefty loosey, Righty tighty.) The antenna does come supplied with various adapters to fit a myriad of applications. The black finish blends well with the trim on the truck. Initial tests show that I can receive the same stations as the original. I will report back with more extensive performance results as I test drive the Mojave Desert. I also bought the 8" model and will try switching it out for comparison.:biggrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
Nice! :great: Thanks for the report!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I will report back with more extensive performance results as I test drive the Mojave Desert.
I don't think you could put it thru a more extreme test! :great:

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I got one for the Trailblazer and it hooked up instantly with no change really in the way the radio functions. It's basicly 100% the same in terms of radio reception.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Got the antennas (antennae?) in the mail today. Opened the package, read the instructions, and went about installing the 14" on my 06 Silverado. It couldn't have been an easier installation. Twist counterclockwise and remove the old antenna, and twist clockwise to install the new one. (Lefty loosey, Righty tighty.) The antenna does come supplied with various adapters to fit a myriad of applications. The black finish blends well with the trim on the truck. Initial tests show that I can receive the same stations as the original. I will report back with more extensive performance results as I test drive the Mojave Desert. I also bought the 8" model and will try switching it out for comparison.:biggrin:

+1
Have had one for about 2 years... same reception as my stock antenna.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts