GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. I was bored so I decided to make a stage on top of my 97 Cheyenne 4x4 Drake rackwith three 4x8 sheets of plywood and put my 18" Cerwin Vega's My four Altec voice of the theatre's and aAmpeg SVT head along with approximately 1200 watts power and some effects bolted everything down including the drums Mike stands etc.Plus hooked up my 455 Olds Jet Boat grabbed the kids jumped in the truck and surprise the truck won't start .My youngest daughter says Don't flip out Dad you can fix it .But After having this nice looking lifted 4x4 leave me stranded countless times and suddenly without notice start running like you know fifteen maybe twenty MPH downhill on the freeway with people honking at me saying whatever putting fuel into my allready frustrated Whit's end .So I said OK girl's give Daddy a second and go wait in the house and I'll let you know when we're ready to go.As soon as the kids were out of sight I calmly got the pick Axe out and proceeded to take out some Anger management on the bed of my truck After having replaced the ignition the module the spark plugs wires rotor distributor cap coil ignition coil had to pay to get it towed to the auto repair shop that cost me few hundred bucks twice replaced all the O2 sensors, the mass flow sensor the oil filter the air filter the fuel filter the fuel pump the catalytic the exhaust and theOb2 couldn't give me a straight answer I mean I was seriously thinking I'd be better off just leaving it on side of the road and you know it just seemed to me like it wasn't getting enough fuel the repair man tried to explain how the computer does this and does that .Finally as I am a common horse sense kind of guy I figured I need to get fuel to the intake screw the computer so I bypassed the computer put a toggle switch under the dash and wired the fuel pump direct to the battery.and the truck has been running great ever since ya just gotta remember to shut off the fuel pump when you park or it will kill the batery.Havnt had a chance to plug in my Guitar and jam yet but I will

1 - 1 of 1 Posts