GM Truck Club Forum banner

Should GM buyout Chrysler?

• Yes! Bring them under GMs control and management

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • NO! Stay away from them.

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Maybe, depends on how the relationship would workout.

Votes: 22 45.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,518 Posts
GM + Chrysler = ????

GM has enough "on their plate" trying to fight off Toyota, without taking on more "liability" IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
GM has enough "on their plate" trying to fight off Toyota, without taking on more "liability" IMO.
Got to agree, the guys in charge can’t make a profit because they won’t listen to anyone as it is.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
one bad apple spoils the lot. I think Chrysler would inevitably be that bad apple.
Probably not a good idea for GM to acquire Chrysler. However it could either push sales through the roof due to the publicity of the acquisition, or drive a ton of people away.

I'd just be afraid that they would start sticking hemi's in the suburban. I'm not saying it's not a good engine, but it just wouldn't be right.:neutral:

·
Registered
161 Posts
well i would like to see the option of the cummins diesel in chevy trucks..now i know im a GM guy but when i buy diesel i allways get a cummins, even tho i dont like the style of the dodge trucks the cummins in my opininon is better thananything else on the road

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
The cummins is a good engine, but for me I'd still prefer a Duramax. I don't see any reason to drive a vehicle, and have it sound like a school bus or dump truck. I like the fact that the Duramax can get the job done just as well, but quietly.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The cummins is a good engine, but for me I'd still prefer a Duramax. I don't see any reason to drive a vehicle, and have it sound like a school bus or dump truck. I like the fact that the Duramax can get the job done just as well, but quietly.
naa haha i love the loud ass diesel engines lol idk why... i love soundin like a KW haulin down the road..idk why haha

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I'm not sure - in ways i think it would be good. But GM and Chrysler have very different approaches to design - and i am worried for cars such as the challenger - the one Dodge I would own - if GM had control over the design

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
sure its an old topic = but it is one that has recently come back up...

·
Registered
40 Posts
How do they even think about Buying Chrysler when they need money them selves? Oh Gawd..I feel..

ALL NEW ~ Chevler Silver-am HEMI: John Doe tells you how they got this new HEMI powered Truck.. "I mean all we did was took a motor from the Ram and put a V6 in it and Put the HEMI in the Silverado and now we call it the Silver-am..." :rofl: :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts