GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New here.........I am thinking about buying a friends 94 Silverado 1500. Its in decent shape with 197K but the trans is bad. He wants 1200 for it. I can put a transmission in myself buy dont know what transmission is in there. I am being told a 700R4 or a 4L60-E. I found a rebuilt 4L60-E for $400.

Is it worth it to buy this truck? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
The proper trans for that vehicle is a 4L60E.
It could have a 700R4 in it, but that means someone else put it in.

Doesn't sound like a bad deal. Not a bad price on a rebuilt 4L60E either.

It would just come down to the condition of the rest of the vehicle. But definitely sounds like something you should consider.:great:

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Did you move on this? It sounds like you would do the work yourself?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Sound like a good deal

Sounds like a good buy even if you have a shop do the tranny work. Checkout craigslist to see comparable's in your area. KBB values range from 4000 & up depending on option, mileage and condition. Stop a minute and ask yourself what you want to do with the truck. List that info on a shopping checklist to see if a candidate vehicle fits the profile. I bought my burb on an impulse and wish I'd found GMTC first. I would have bought a 454 for the towing power and a 1996 for the OBDII PCM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts