Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Get HIGH....

Votes: 14 46.7%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
M'kay. I am "considering" removing my drop (3/4) getting some beefy tires for my Titans and then putting belltech 1" lift shocks on the front of my truck to level it out. I might also do the 1" hockey puck body lift and put z71 flares on it. My truck would go from this:

To something along the lines of this:

I don't hate my lowered truck....I just get bored easily. :glasses:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I like the way it looks lowered, but lifted does look awesome.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I voted low because it looks good as a street truck, especially if you chrome rims. The roll pan is nice too. I believe only hard-core off roading 4x4 trucks should be lifted. With your smaller engine, it would slow you down with those big rubber wheels and lift. It happened to my 4.3L V6 when I got 22". It's your choice, but I voted to keep it low and add new rims and a sweet stereo system :great:

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
gotta agree with dan... Your truck looks great the way it i, but I like lifted stuff and the lifted one looks pretty sweet especially with the black wheels

·
Registered
533 Posts
more like a sewing machine motor ...looks great the way it is :)

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
I like the lifted look, but as most have said "it sure looks good now". The other thing to consider, with gas prices as high as they are, with larger tires and more ground clearance your mpg will more than likely go down. Good luck!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I vote to go low unless you do a lot of off roading. if you spend more time on the street, it is always a good idea to stay low. this will increase driveability by decreasing the hight of your vehicle which lowers your center of gravity which helps with handling in turns.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah...mpg is definitely a concern these days!!! :gasp:

Thanks for all the comments, guys...

·
Registered
592 Posts
I vote stock height! :)

Or just buy another truck and lift that one and keep your current truck lowered. This way when you get bored, just hop in the other truck. Problem sovled!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I vote stock height! :)

Or just buy another truck and lift that one and keep your current truck lowered. This way when you get bored, just hop in the other truck. Problem sovled!
stock?????? what would be the fun in that??? :rofl:

·
Registered
22 Posts
ironically, i was thinking of raising mine too! looks cool lifted, in my head i was thinking i would put a posi rear end in mine- if i did the lift. lift it!:great:

·
Registered
40 Posts
M'kay. I am "considering" removing my drop (3/4) getting some beefy tires for my Titans and then putting belltech 1" lift shocks on the front of my truck to level it out. I might also do the 1" hockey puck body lift and put z71 flares on it. My truck would go from this:

I don't hate my lowered truck....I just get bored easily. :glasses:
dude, no offense, but lifted looks 100x better
DEFINETELY lift that thing! :happy:

Is it a 2wd or a 4x4 though?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
This is just my opinion and for what works for ME only. 2wd trucks that look as nice as yours look even better slammed to the ground with or without a body kit and low profile tires. Your rollpan was a nice touch. 4wd trucks look better lifted and lifts are neccesary for extra ground clearence and to run oversized tires. I like the look of some lifted 2wd trucks but I never understood the reasons for it as you can still get stuck because of being 2wd. It's kind of the same concept for lowering a 4wd, if it works for you then do it! This is only my opinion.

BTW, I did vote to keep it low!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is just my opinion and for what works for ME only. 2wd trucks that look as nice as yours look even better slammed to the ground with or without a body kit and low profile tires. Your rollpan was a nice touch. 4wd trucks look better lifted and lifts are neccesary for extra ground clearence and to run oversized tires. I like the look of some lifted 2wd trucks but I never understood the reasons for it as you can still get stuck because of being 2wd. It's kind of the same concept for lowering a 4wd, if it works for you then do it! This is only my opinion.

BTW, I did vote to keep it low!
Thanks, brotha! I have decided to keep it low... Actually I have a couple of new mods up my sleeve for this summer...the first being a body kit. This is what it should look like:

I am also considering lowering some more... :gasp:

·
Registered
270 Posts
i went with the leveled look for my av. if i want the lowered look id just get in my car. i know some people dont have that option. i was never i big fan of lifted trucks til i had to go off roading for work then things changed and now i cant wait til i get enough $ to get some 33s. ether way you go itll still look good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts