GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was reading my owners manual and read about an option tha allows a couple cylinders shut down during highway speeds to help conserve fuel consumption. Very innovative ... does anyone know if this only is an option for the 8-cyl engine or offered in the 6-cyl too? Also, does anyone know the build code for it? I haven't made it to the dealer to get a build list yet. I'm just curious, I like knowing everything possible about my Trailblazer. Thanks.[/b]

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey i have the engine that shuts down the cylinders. GM calls it, displacement on demand, but there are other companys that have a motor out, or are coming out with a motor that does the same thing. The only company that i know of now that has it is mopar. I dont know about other companys but i know that GM only offers it on the V8. It seems to work pretty well for me. I get pretty decent gas milage and i cant really tell when it has shut down the cylinders or when all 8 are running. It pretty much works like this, when your cruising, the engine shuts down the first 2 banks on both sides of the motor so your only running on 4 cylinders. once the engine reads wide open throttle, all 8 kick in.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
My dad had a caddie from the early 80's that used to do this. It was ahead of its time I think.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well now that I know the website is working here are some questions. The Navigation System I understand that it comes with DVD software. When new streets and establishments are created how does it update? Also, the CD player does it play MP3's? Last, but not least the GMC link http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/accessoriesjsp/home.jsp shows the price of accessories and it shows size 18" rims for the 2006 EXT TB but no price. Does anyone know the price?

·
Registered
9 Posts
ok first on the dvd software, there is no way to update the streets, but i know with mine i got 2 free software updates. So that will help later on. but i have a 2003 navigator and it has 03 nav system software and it has most of the streets out now. its smaller streets that dont show up. i dont know for sure if the cd player plays mp3's but i know it wont play a dvd.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can you buy software for international use? Oh! I just found out that you can play MP3's but its the upgrade version of the CD player.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i think the software is for us and canada. i dont think it covers mexico. yeah i knew the cd player can play mp3s but i was surprised that the gps radio didnt play them. oh well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts