GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I live in Bedford, TX and the Autozone here has never led me astray. I have found other Autozones to be of questionable repute but I have personally had good luck with this one. I guess it is all about where you live. I will say that I have NEVER been to an Autozone that is as bad a a Pep Boys. I have never in my life seen so many employees assembled in a so called "Automotive" store as completely incompetent in the ways of cars(or anyhting for that matter) as they are. Everytime I go in there my only thought is that "Ya know I probably should have asked my wife's hair dresser my question...I probably would have gotten a more educated response"

note: If you work at Pep Boys I'm sorry, it may just be the one near me but they are giving you all an awful name and reputation.
I'd have to say that it probably a nationwide thing for Pepboys. I remember going in there to get parts for a tune up on a grand-am. I had never worked on this car before, so I wasn't aware that it doesn't have plug wires (it's a module with an ignition coil directly over each plug). When I asked about wires the parts guy told me that they were out of stock, and he could order them for me.

I'd hate to see what I would have paid for, if I had said, "yes, please order that".

I don't go to Pepboys anymore, unless it's a last resort.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I used to work at autozone when I was fresh out of High School.
Same as there are dumb employees, there are dumb customers.

And look at it this way. If the the people that work at autoparts stores actually know stuff about automobiles. Then they will quit that place and work with cars while getting paid more. Which is what i did.
That's a good point.
I guess we just need to suck it up, and know that we've got a 50/50 chance of running into someone without a clue, who's been placed in a position that they're ill equipped to handle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.