GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone knew if when you take off the side molding you can be able to save the paint to where it looks like it was never there. i have an 01 silverado and that trim down the side really ruins the look of the truck and i want it gone!! thanks guys!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I pulled it off my 1990 suburban and it doesn't look bad at all. Just some break cleaner or goof off to get the foam off. The only concerned would be darker paint under the molding.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Take your time and make sure the panel hasnt been repainted.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
use floss and heat up the glue with a hairdryer and take your time. than use goo-gone the stuff works wonders

·
Registered
92 Posts
i was wondering if anyone knew if when you take off the side molding you can be able to save the paint to where it looks like it was never there. i have an 01 silverado and that trim down the side really ruins the look of the truck and i want it gone!! thanks guys!!
This is what i did yesterday and mine came out great and all i did was pull hard and there was no residue.
heres a pic.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h30/alpacino12/l_d92ad5c3a1a59d611866d1955b226e9c.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts