GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Obviously I'm new here and a bit about my rides: my first ride was a Chevy S-10 which i drove for 10 months and then found my dream truck, a 1992 GMC Sierra which I bought in 1997. One year after I bought it, the original paint started peeling off the body on different spots like the hood, roof and bed rails, so I decided to over paint my pickup completely. I will post the pictures of this job later.

After 10 years driving this GMC Sierra, I decided to sell it and I bought a 2008 Toyota Hilux. Till today I still have the Toyota Hilux but 2 months ago I decided to buy a light-damaged 2008 Chevy Silverado and that's the reason why I'm on this forum.

For those curious/interested to see the Toyota Hilux, I will post some pictures of the trucking showing you guys how I upgraded it.

Anyway, enough for now.

Bassam

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club, Bassam.

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Welcome to the G M T C !

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just added a new thread for the Hilux, but I got message that a moderator should approve the htread (???).

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Hilux- you aren't in the USA right?
Here the Hilux is closest to the Toyota Tacoma.
I think it is actually closer to the earlier small Toyota pickups-the Tacoma might be a big bigger than the Hilux, right?Not really a small pickup anymore- more like midsized.
I had a series 1976,1986,1994,1998 of small 4 cyl toyota pickups- all but one were manual transmissions.
They were great little trucks- good city mpg and pretty versatile.
Now I have a used Suburban-216,000 miles(300,000 km) -it has been a pleasant surprise considering the age/miles and size and the rep GM usually has with foreign car buyers. Great vehicle- very reliable- good mpg.
Pictures of your Toyota??
Charlie

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

I am posting pictures of my Hilux, but I get a message that a moderator should approve them. I will try to posted it here.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Before: When my 2008 Toyota Hilux 2.7L VVTi arrived to Curacao from Argentina in November 2007:

After: This is how my 2008 Toyota Hilux 2.7L VVTi looks like:

Upgrades done:

• Changed the Rear Bumper
  • Installed original Side Steps
  • Installed original Fog Lights
  • Changed my rims and tires; bought original Toyota Hilux rims
  • Painted the mirrors
  • Painted the door handles
  • Installed a leather bed cover
  • Installed a muffler extension
  • and now it's a "TRD" version :)

Some more pictures before the mirrors and door handles were painted:

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
That's a nice looking truck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, this Hilux is only available here in Diesel (2.5 & 3.0) however mine was a special order: gas engine (I don't like diesel), so I got a 2.7L VVT-1, same model as the Tacoma 4 cylinder.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Thats a good looking truck.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Looks much better after your mods.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Welcome to the club Bassam...

·
Registered
8,623 Posts