GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for some advice. I have a 1999 gmc Sierra reg cab stepside and I have a 6 inch fabtech lift and 35 inch tires. My question is I have a set of 40 inch tires that I want to put on my truck and I wanna know what it will take as far as lift options to get them to fit... I know I will need a 3 inch body kit but what else? Leveling keys? New rear leaf springs? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club. If your truck is a 1500 (1/2 ton) your axles won't last. The 1500's don't like anything over 35" tall. You would also need to regear. If you want to run 40" tires then I'd suggest a 1-ton straight axle front coversion and a 1-ton rear end.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
What will like you is the Gas Pumps...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't car about axles of gas, already re-geared and locked just looking for what I need to get my 40s on my truck thanks for the replys guys

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Or gas* typo

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Wow...a lot more than 6 inches. Even if you added a 3 inch body lift they would not fit. Do you have IFS or solid front axle?

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
At least 15 inches or more. I don't believe you could even fit them with the Cognito 12". Not to mention your IFS is not made to support 40's, one trip around the block should just about destroy your front end. Unless you just want it took look cool sitting in the driveway it is absolutely useless. If you want 40's you need to do a solid axle swap. That would allow you to lift the truck to be able to run 40's. However, that is just to get it to the right height to fit 40's, then you need to worry about your gearing and tranny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts