GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading in Owner's Manual about interior care. I noticed that GM recommended a light application of silicone grease on the rubber door seals. Has anyone done this? If so. what brand of silicone grease, and did it do any good or just make a mess? I do understand LIGHT application of said goop. I was thinking of using '99 Saturn as the guinea pig to try it out on.
Any thoughts out there?

Respectfully,
BINGO53 :great:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found it at the local parts house as "dielectric silicone lube" in the spray can. (CRC brand) GM lists that as alternate to the dealer part # in the Owners Manual. I' sure it will be a good apperence maintanence product. Thanks for the input.

Respectfully,

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
I never saw it mentioned in the owners manual but from the first day I owned my 91 Firebird I used CRC spray on Silicone lube on the T-top seals. After 15 years I sold the car, the T-tops didnt leak and the seals were still in good shape despite taking the tops off all the time. I use the same lube on all our car door and window seals.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
My fav

Here's my favorite since I can't find RuGlyde anymore:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Correction

FROM ABOVE:
"dielectric silicone lube" in the spray can. (CRC brand)

Correction here, its not a spray that I got but a grease. It is in a pressurerized can and comes out like a translucent white "Cheese Whiz." I tried it on the Saturn using very sparing amounts on a "throw-away" dish rag. It works great, when I pop the trunk from inside the car, it now actually pops open instead of sticking. As soon as the weather here clears the Nox will be next.

Respectfully,

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Did you get this working like you wanted to?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts