GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experience on the dunes at Silver Lake? I would like to get the suburban there next year sometime just to tool around, and maybe after the s-10 is worked a bit, tow that up there too.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Awesome place for trucking. I didn't have mine up there, but the town and dunes are totally full of cool trucks and every kind of 4X4 you can imagine. I rented a dune duggie for a few hours and had a total blast! Highly recommend the area. Plenty of thing to do for the hole family.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeap...really wanted to go this year but didnt have good shocks/tires on the burb...next year for sure. I sent my wife some videos of it from youtube...she said it looked like fun....so thats good.

·
Registered
67 Posts
There is a little town about 10 or 15 minutes north full of girly type shops that should keep her happy for a while. Plus there is a real cool lighthouse you could take a sunset walk by and score some points.

I need to practice posting pictures on this forum and so following are just a couple:

Pentwater 2009 111.jpg

Pentwater 2009 109.jpg

Pentwater 2009 123.jpg

Pentwater, MI 071 Mini.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah there isnt a lot of space for pics...but man...I really wanna get out to the dunes.....I was watching some video of some guys doin a hill climb there...and over in the corner of the screen you see this little subaru make it up to the top with no problem...Made my miss my Legacy.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
I went to Silver Lake Dunes back in 1997 with my Cousin, we towed 2 sand rails out there with his dually Chevy, the truck got stuck while we were unloading the rails and stayed stuck for 3 days while we played. It took 5 hours of digging, a 12500lb winch, a sand anchor, and 2 sand jacks to get it out but we had a blast.
Dont know if they still let ya camp out in designated areas of the dunes but back then they did.
A great place, I'd like to go back someday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts