GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
i have a 98 silverado z71 extended cab 5.7 liter 91000 kms mint shape ( need a bigger cab as boys getting bigger ) and been reading quite a few forums on the 07-08 silverado as i am going to upgrade. would like some input from anyone. either a used 07 ( to save a few bucks ) or new 08 ltz 1500 5.3 liter crew cab... with navi , entertainment dvd for kids, 20 in wheels, sunroof, power sliding rear window, light titanium leather, in either the summitt white or greystone metallic.. now any comments on options, good bad, hows the navi ? have it in my 07 acura tl and love it. dvd player in back seat, any problems comments.? 20 in wheels, wonder what the tires would be
worth if you have to replace one as i like the style of rim.. could any one comment on any of these if you have these options ... likes or dislikes.

also hows the dod...some like it some don't, and the 5.3 liter ..here there hard on fuel can't be harder than my 5.7 can they ? whats everyone think ..
the only thing i don't care for is the cheezy woodgrain accents !

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I decided to save money and grab a new 07 Sierra CrewCab. I love it. It's a world better then my old F150. Anyways, I've got the 4.8 but it has plenty of power if you can't find one with the 5.3. As far as the tire's go, I picked up a set of aftermarket 20's with the same size 275/55/20 tires they come with stock and there a great price at discounttiredirect.com $150 each. There cooper at's and so far they handle amazing. Mine doesn't have any of the options that your looking for as far as Navi/DVD/Sunroof things like that because i'm 21 and Really couldn't afford it but i'll be adding them later on. If your looking for a really nice truck have you considered the new Denali. It is a beast of a truck. Also make sure you have better then 3.23 gears if your looking for any performance at all. I have them and there horrible off the start. I will be changing to 3.73 or 4.10 very soon. These engines are good on mileage as long as you don't do alot of city/stop and go traffic. I do all my driving in the city and I have a bit of a heavy foot and get terrible mileage. Hope this helps. If you have any more questions just let me know.

·
Registered
42 Posts
urbancowboy,
You will love the new Silverado! My only beefs with mine is the 3:42 rear axle. With 17" tires it's a little shift happy in the hilly terrain. That would be much worse, I would think, with 20's! . I have the 4.8 V8 and it has plenty of power for me. Also the gas mileage will probably really suck until the tranny "gets to know you"! It will shift kinda weird for the first couple of thousand miles, but once the adaptive shift program gets going it will work much better and fuel mileage should improve.

JD:neutral:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a new body style 2007 GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab Z/71 4X4. If you are looking for all the options and actually save a little, sometime the Denali is the best bet as it comes loaded with a list of around $43000 or so. Mine ran about $45000. The denali is not a 4X4. It is an all wheel drive system. And it will average a real world 13 MPG. But you get the most powerful pickup out there (409 HP) w/ a 6.2 engine and a 6-speed transmission. A very nice truck. I would not recommend 20's if you are going to use it off road. 20's ride alot harder and do not allow the tires to function as well as you would want off road. 18's are as big as you would want to go as far as function goes. On the subject of Nav Systems, The Acura system is better then the GM System. You may just want to concider buying a Garmin Nuvi for your truck. They are rated the best, and when you rent a vehicle or drive something else you can take them with you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts