GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have my eyes on a 06 silverado with the 4.3 vortec. my question how are they on gas not looking for a powerhouse truck. i just need a daily driver that could tow, and would look good with minor mods thanks in advance...

·
Registered
69 Posts
They are pretty good, i have an 07 v6 4.3 i go through about a quarter of a tank a week depending on how much i drive it probly 100-150 miles a week usually, if it is the regular cab 8' (thats what i have) you have a 34 gallon tank which seems huge but lasts a while.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thats god i prolly do about 325 miles a week so they say they get about 23mpg on the highway so hopefully its not bad... as for power how is it? is that enough power for the 1500?

·
Registered
99 Posts
We used to tow our 19ft 3000lb boat with an 2003 S10 Blazer that had the 4.3. The Blazer towed it better than my '86 3/4 ton 4x4 Suburban with a 350 and 4.10 gears ! Aside from the suspension being a little soft in the back. All the power we needed was there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
um well I got a 07 w/t and as far as trucks go its alright on mileage I average about 18.6 just running around on my trip from Fl i averaged about 14 with my stang on the back. Empty its got alright power but when you load it you will wish you had a lil bigger engine. over all i'm very happy with it its a strong reliable v6.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts