GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
HID headlight conversion. Kind of expensive (quite expensive for headlights comparatively to regular halogen) but I think worth it. It is like day all the time in front of my truck. I wouldn't buy another vehicle without them. The conversion kit with the first 2 bulbs was $300 (you can get them now for $200). The bulbs last 3-4 times longer than halogen bulbs, produce a brighter light and use less energy. Best of all they look cool!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I actually bought them from a friend who wrecked the car they were in, but he got them online. I have a buddy w/ a 2004 Avalanche and he got them online last year for the same price. You can find them on ebay now for $200-$250 shipped.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I know what those look like. What does it look like when you're driving?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Its hard to desribe without being in my truck at night. All I can say is Lots of people think I have my brights on and flash me, and no-one wants me driving behind them, so they move. I hardly use my brights anymore. The reflective properties of this color/band of light is amazing. It seems that I can see the reflection of outlined street signs a mile away on a straight road. Like I said before I wouldn't own another car without them, and if it wasn't an option, I would buy the conversion kit again! I finally posted pictures, check em out.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I know a bit about light and how it works. This is a different type of light that's being produced. It carries with it different levels of luminocity and different wavelengths, etc. I might consider getting those on my Trailblazer to test them out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Silverado Aftermarket Parts

Steve said:
Have you added any aftermarket stuff to your Silverado or Sierra?

Post it here and let the world know.
I have a 95 silverado with a projector headlight kit, flowmaster 40 series muffler, euro tail lights custom sound system I built the sub box myself. panasonic deck 2 polk 10's and a crunch amp. stock blue interior with black suede inserts, k&n filter. and thats all i got so far, but im planing on getting a lift n bigger tires

·
Registered
44 Posts
HID 6K Kit: $235 shipped
FM40: Muffler and installation: $149.00
FRAM BOOST CAI: Free did a write up for Fram :wink:
2" Drop Rear Shackles: $44.00/$60.00 for installation
20" Chevy Silverado SS Chrome Wheels w/285/50/20 GY Fortera Silent Armor Tires: $1800.00
ARE LSll Cover: $900 Painted in SilverBirch(59U)
Autowoods Black Cherry Wood Steering Wheel: $185.00 w/controls pre-mounted

·
Registered
1 Posts
hid headlight

HID headlight conversion. Kind of expensive (quite expensive for headlights comparatively to regular halogen) but I think worth it. It is like day all the time in front of my truck. I wouldn't buy another vehicle without them. The conversion kit with the first 2 bulbs was $300 (you can get them now for $200). The bulbs last 3-4 times longer than halogen bulbs, produce a brighter light and use less energy. Best of all they look cool!
I Agree, i have hid headlights in my truck too. I also took the computer out and switched a wire so my DRLs are on all the time and i put an amber bulb in them. It took about 10 min and it looks sharp. The whole front of the truck is blue and orange.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.