GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, my name is Stephan and I getting a 03 Silverado this weekend. I have found a few issues with the truck:

1. 1. The speedo is sitting at 120....while it's sitting still. It does not move I am told. Is there ant easy fix that?
  2. 2. It has a V6, but lifted 4" with 33" a/t tires w/20" Blacked out rims, what kind of mileage am I in for?

Erm, that's all I have for now, thanks. Great site by the way.

·
Registered
539 Posts
welcome to the club, there a number of guys in the los angeles area that repair speedometers or sell refurbished ones on craigslist(i constantly see ads for silverados), not to sure in santa cruz, might wanna take a look

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Welcome to the Club!! It will have a negative impact on mileage, but to what extent, I'm not sure.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to th club.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Welcome to the GM truck club

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Welcome to the G M T C !

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
*******thread moved here********

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
You can get a replacement cluster for free from GM (labor and all) if the truck has under 70k miles. Otherwise just check ebay or local craigslist listings for replacement gauge clusters or repair services. As for the mileage, I can't see it being all that good, 33's & 20-in. wheels are a lot to move for that V6. Performance probably won't be all that great either with that setup.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You can get a replacement cluster for free from GM (labor and all) if the truck has under 70k miles. Otherwise just check ebay or local craigslist listings for replacement gauge clusters or repair services. As for the mileage, I can't see it being all that good, 33's & 20-in. wheels are a lot to move for that V6. Performance probably won't be all that great either with that setup.
There's a lot of people on Craigslist that replace them.. their ad's say "We replace the old failure prone XC-168 stepper motors with the new upgraded version X-25 stepper motor. The new motors are guaranteed trouble free and used by GM in all their vehicles made after 2007." and usually you take your truck to them, give them a half hour and $100, and they replace all the motors on the panel.

There are people on eBay that you can send the panel to and they will do the same thing..

I haven't personally had it happen to me, but it has to a buddy of mine.. he used one of the Craigslist guys, and it's been working just fine since..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts