GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 Chevy Silverado 1500, Ext-Cab.

I want to know if 2004 Avalanche Bucket Seats can replace into my Silverado. No guessing please.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
One thing I do know is the ext cab floor pan is different than the regular cab.(I know because I did it) The mounds had to be customized. So the mounting backets would have to be changed regardless. Good luck with your project. :great:

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Call a local bone yard, recycling center, they have substitution manuals. They will be able to tell you definitively. They give what will work in just about every part on any truck.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It can be done. Anything can be done with a little time and work!! I doubt it would be direct bolt in though.

Hell, I put Mazda MPV captain's chairs in my truck...had to drill new mounting holes and a backing plate, but they are in and have been there and working for years!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1999 Silverado & 2004 Avanlanche Buckets

O.K
Dreamers I took the chance and bought both of the 2004 Avanlanche Bucket Seats. Success ! They are a direct bolt-on.

Next request, I need to figure out the electrical from the 2004 Avanlanche to 1999 Silverado 2wd, ext cab. I've noticed the Silverado has a single connector with 3 wires. The Avanlanche has two connectors, one large and one small. Anybody know how to take this challenge, HELP !:glasses:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Electrical Connection

The solution:

Just find 12VDC & ground wires - Cut & Wirebutt = Success !

The 1999 Silverado ext. cab with the Avalanche Buckets Seat are GREAT and operational.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
The solution:

Just find 12VDC & ground wires - Cut & Wirebutt = Success !

The 1999 Silverado ext. cab with the Avalanche Buckets Seat are GREAT and operational.
That's awesome. Take some pics and post them up here, that would be great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts