GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's my two rides for now. I am in the process of cleaning up the '96 cuz I need to sell it...I don't want to, but I kinda need the Suburban; so the red truck isn't a necessity. Clifford (kids named it!) will surely be missed. It's a mild custom, but I did everything myself! Here's the run down...

1996 GMC 2500 sclb, 305/ 4L60
  • Intake kit
  • TB spacer
  • Jet chip
  • rear lowered 2"
  • interior fully painted, carpeted, etc
  • captain's chairs
  • cap, bedliner, etc
  • class IV hitch
  • 3" inlet/ dual 2 1/2" outlet dynomax exhaust exiting in front of right rear tires
  • bumpers, grill, handles, etc painted body color
  • alco (it think) rims painted black with 265/70R16s...the 60s looked goofy w/o more drop that I couldn't afford!
  • and probably a bunch more I can't think of! I am cleaning up the front end though...been 6 years since I painted the grill...lots of rocks and road debris has wore it slam out!!

1997 Chevy 1500 4X4 Suburban 350/ 4L60
  • Air intake
  • starting to debadge
  • polished the headlights so they aren't so yellow!
  • that's it for now!

When I first got it...it used to be a work truck.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The weekend I bought the Suburban...had to test the 4WD...so I took it to the Outer Banks of NC!! No, I don't know what the wife is doing. I think I caught her in the middle of a goofy wave!

Last weekend...looks the same, but with new shocks, I took it about 8 miles down the beach. Handled great, and the kids loved it!! (the lights look better though!)

I am in the process of debadging the burban...and dechroming it. I will probably buy black bumpers this time around, so if anyone is interested in the chrome ones, make me an offer!!?? The trim and chrome around the wheel wells is going as well. I am also thinking about putting a GMC grill on it...I like them better. And yeah, everything will probably be body color...I kinda like it that way! BTW, does anyone know the color of this truck? I saw two that it might be, but not real sure. If anyone else has a ride this color and knows, hook me up! Thanx!
And yeah, also need to put some rubber underneath...the ones on there are wore slam out. I would like to put some 285/75R16s...biggest I can put with stock suspension and they equal out to about 32" tires...now I need lots of money!! Taking donations and sponsers!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Here's the front of my truck now. I changed the center part of the grill to black...wish I had done it that way years ago. I think it looks better.

The thing is, I really need to sell this truck so I stop fixing it up more. If I go too far, I won't want to sell it...and I really need the money and the space!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts