GM Truck Club Forum banner

Sky Jacker, 4 Inch lift,,, Sky Jacker RS8000 shocks

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Dirty Dog 
#1 ·
Ok here goes another product review, I guess i will start by saying this is the first time I have worked with any Sky Jacker gear, I have lifted a few trucks in my days, just never with this product.....So I am spoiled and use to working top end equipment, but i will do my best to be fair and unbiased

I can comment on a few things before I get into the meat and bones (rating numbers) on this kit....
Most lifts are anywhere from 12 to 20 hours in my shop, depending on the height we are trying to reach... Pro-comp lifts are into the weeks not hours....
so the over all build of this kit was ok maybe a little better then ok, although i did see some pieces i would have rather made here, in my shop. But when you factor in that we put it on a newer Colorado I will say it is beefy enough.... the Kit was very complete and with the combination of stock and Sky Jacker parts very economical...
The Instructions were poorly laid out and very difficult and if i had no experience in lifting trucks it would have been a very frustrating and time consuming project....
That being said, I also found for a kit designed specially for this truck the fit was not all that great.....to much soothing stock and aftermarket parts for correct fit.....

Packaging ................. 8 out of 10
Instructions................... 5 out of 10
Product quality............. 7 out of 10
Ease of installation.......... 6 out of 10
Soft ware......................N/A out of 10
Accessory options........... 6 out of 10
Equipment versatility .... 6 out of 10
Equip./Stock compatibility 4 out of 10
Equip Quality/installed.... 7 out of 10
Online tech support......... 0 out of 10
Phone live support........ 0 out of 10
Staff and sales .............. 5 out of 10
Shipping time................ 8 out of 10
posible 120 review points

Sky Jackers total score 62 out of 120http

Read more:http://skyjacker.com/

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.