GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am having problems with my 1994 GMC Sierra. It just cut off going down the road the other day and wouldn't crank back. The starter just wouldn't turn it over. I changed the starter and it was sluggish but cranked up and ran but it would choke down and quit when I turned the wheels all the way one way. I drove a short distance 100 yards and turned around and came back and now it doesn't seem to want to start is smoking a little worse than usual and smoking from a vacuum in front of throttle body and out of hose out of valve cover.
What is the reason?
How can I correct this

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,488 Posts
Doesn't sound too good.
I think I'd do a compression check
I'd remove the belts and pull all of the plugs before the compression test
That will let it spin a lot easier

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree it doesn't.
Got hot maybe?
Freeze plug above starter leaking...

·
Registered
2004 Silverado 1500 4WD Crew cab 5.3L
23 Posts
Hey guys I am having problems with my 1994 GMC Sierra. It just cut off going down the road the other day and wouldn't crank back. The starter just wouldn't turn it over. I changed the starter and it was sluggish but cranked up and ran but it would choke down and quit when I turned the wheels all the way one way. I drove a short distance 100 yards and turned around and came back and now it doesn't seem to want to start is smoking a little worse than usual and smoking from a vacuum in front of throttle body and out of hose out of valve cover.
What is the reason?
How can I correct this

Cut open your oil filter, cut out some pleats, squeeze the pleats in a vise to squeeze out the oil, look for shiny stuff. This is a good way to look at what's going on inside the engine. Magnetic particles equals crank, non magnetic probably bearings.

Reactions: ww371

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How about this guys.
Vacuum from throttle body to pcv valve missing,
Vacuum from throttle body (rear) to egr missing.
Anyone think this will correct it by replacing hoses?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts