GM Truck Club Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2006 silerado 5.3 B Z71 4wd
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes disabled spark and injectors. Replaced wires with new iridium plugs also cleaned pcv system. Gauge older cal-van (40- 50 years) was fathers. have new one from harborfrieght but reads about 50 psi less, assumed it was cheap and wrong. Since doing all this smoke is so far about 95% less Not sure if this is just because all is new. will know in a day or so, drive about 120 miles a day to work.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Gauge older cal-van (40- 50 years) was fathers. have new one from harborfrieght but reads about 50 psi less, assumed it was cheap and wrong
Sounds like your old gauge's spring ain't springing much anymore, ha ha. HF tools are a lot better than they used to be, the only consideration is, how long will they last under constant use?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ok. Last thursday started smoking bad again. Friday morning put in 2cnd bars oil seal stop leak and drove 60 miles to work. Started at lunch smoke. Started at end of day smoke. When i got near home I was leaving stop light and made sound like it was dieseling only for a couple of seconds but louder like a bearing rap. Did this twice. I figured I would change oil and start over.Rained sat. Went out Sunday started it to warm up for oil change. No smoke. Has not smoked at all not even a puff since. Glad but know more confused ???. Oh yea, I think my leak is back

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Ok. Last thursday started smoking bad again. Friday morning put in 2cnd bars oil seal stop leak and drove 60 miles to work. Started at lunch smoke. Started at end of day smoke. When i got near home I was leaving stop light and made sound like it was dieseling only for a couple of seconds but louder like a bearing rap. Did this twice. I figured I would change oil and start over.Rained sat. Went out Sunday started it to warm up for oil change. No smoke. Has not smoked at all not even a puff since. Glad but know more confused ???. Oh yea, I think my leak is back
smokes then it does not smoke ? very odd issue . check the the oil fill port when engine runs put a piece of paper on it if it puffs out of the port then a crankcase venting issue ..
port should have a slight suction on the paper over the oil fill port ..
when it smokes then do that test ..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It smoked a little this morning started couple of times during day no smoke. I did that when I started this post, was sucking in, but i will try again when it smokes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Also changed my oil again today. See what happen no mmo and no bars

·
Registered
13,316 Posts
Re-read some of the previous posts, in one you said the smoke was somewhat blueish white.

That's a little oil (normal) and condensation from a cold exhaust (again normal).

I didn't re-read all of the past post; but I recall you also have a leak.

I suspect most of your loss is from the leak.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
No. blue devil stopped leak and started smoke. Was going through a qt in 250 miles. Not sure what i did marvel mystery oil or bars stop leak, but smoke has stopped for a week now. Even with fresh oil change. Not even a puff. Just don't know why it started.When I said it smoked I mean it really smoked. Like hide whole truck and two more cars smoke. Also I said it looked more white, everyone else said it looked blue. Odd part Is as I previously stated leak is back, but no noticeable difference in oil level.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts