GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just changed over to mobil 1 this evening. No big deal really. But then I took it around the block and when I get home to back it in it seems like it might be smoking a little. I mean the ethanol seems to have more visable fumes than gas does but this seems like more of a smoke than vapor. I smelled it, I had my brother smell it and it doesnt smell like oil but it smells less like ethanol than it usually does. Let it sit for 20is mins and checked it, looks like its right at the top of the fill line. My brother works for a construction company and he says they use 6qts at every change on all their GM V8's. Which are all 5.3's except one 6.0.

Sooo do I drain a half qt and is that even going to be enough or am I just over reacting?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just under 30k on the truck and its definitely white smoke or vapor And today after I was leaving work it stalled as I went to leave. Felt like a fuel problem to me. So I'll probably be picking up a fuel filter tomorrow. Kinda freakin me out with all this goin wrong on a truck this new. someone give me some words of comfort please.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Maybe it's a bad tank of gas. Did you fill-up recently? Also, I think the fuel filter is in the tank on the 2009's. I don't think they're setup for changing easily.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I agree with caddiac, your under warranty. If it is smoking take it in to the dealer and have it checked. I know someone that actually had his truck smoking white smoke and turned out it had a bad head gasket. The smoke was very noticeable every time it would shift or when he would stop at a stop sign and start out. So if it is smoking have it checked and don't freak out it is under warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts