GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When driving over a speed bump slowly, my truck feels like it ran into a brick wall. When I speed over a bump, it's smooth like butter. How can I make my truck have a constantly smooth ride and be able to "glide" over potholes or small rocks ect.? I never go off-roading, but I wanted to know what parts I can upgrade for a smoother ride. I have new Toyo tires now which helped, but what about smoother impacts? All suspension is stock, truck info in sig.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Minbe is the same way only worse because of being a 2500HD. My wife just zips over speedbumps with her Suburban with the premium ride suspension with the greatest of ease but I always have to slow down to go over them.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So is it the shocks or springs I can replace, or is it something more than that? What exactly is premium suspension?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
So is it the shocks or springs I can replace, or is it something more than that? What exactly is premium suspension?

As one of the factory options on the Suburban, Premium ride suspension was an upgrade so it could mostly be shocks but I have not researched it to find out more.

I have an article on Bilstien shocks that talks a little about bouncing pogo action and such so here is that article

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So your saying that new shocks will give me that smoother ride? What about springs or something else?

·
Registered
592 Posts
New shocks could help or possibly even make it worse by firming up the ride. Especially considering you are running on 22" wheels. :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New shocks could help or possibly even make it worse by firming up the ride. Especially considering you are running on 22" wheels. :)
Are you sudjesting I get soft springs instead of shocks? What exactly should I be saving up my money for? :neutral:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts