GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Just thought i'd post here to give some details on upgrades to my 2003 tahoe. Not to much has been done to it but here it goes anyways...

Custom 3 inch true dual exhaust with magnaflow mufflers and chrome tailpipes

K+N cold air intake

Jet GM Performance Programmer

Most of the work was done when I purchased it.

Like I said..not to much done yet but going to be putting headers in very soon. Also thinking of upgraded rims and tires.
Will post some pic later if thats OK.
By the way,Steve, thank you for the reply and yes this unit is great for those B.C. hyways.

Take care all

Steve Vancouver B.C.
2003 Chevy Tahoe LT ....Wife's kid hauler
2002 Oldmobile Bravada....previous kid hauler

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Sounds like some good upgrades. Yeah, I've been up in B.C. quite a bit. My grandmother was actually born/raised in Victoria actually.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey tazman,

Nice upgrades. I have headers, true dual exhaust with flowmaster mufflers, K&N intake on my 2004. I was wondering how the programmer is working out. I am thinking of getting one and wonder is it worth the cost.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Giz

You ride sounds familar...lol... Just playing with the programmer now to see the difference in all settings....but let me say it will eat the tires throught first and part way through second with programmer at max settings. Not the setting my wife likes. :(

Did you notice a difference when you put the headers in? A friend of mine ,who owns a muffler shop, also suggested to put in low restriction catalyic converters.

Just thought I'd ask to see if anyone eles has heard of doing that. Anyways, thanks for the reply and compliment. Nice ride Giz.

P.S. My wife thinks I'm a couple of french fries short of a happy meal for modifing the truck even more considering we use it to haul kids.My 7 year old son loves the roar of the exhaust and intake though!

Take care
Steve ....Vancouver B.C.

2003 chevy tahoe LT
2002 oldsmobile bravada

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Tazman said:
P.S. My wife thinks I'm a couple of french fries short of a happy meal for modifing the truck even more considering we use it to haul kids.My 7 year old son loves the roar of the exhaust and intake though!
Well, you're not alone, I think that a lot of wives think similar thoughts! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was going to put the low restriction cat but decided to wait until I need to replace them. Used the cash to upgrade the stereo with a dvd nav set up and added 2000 watt amps to run the 15" subs. Only problem is sometimes can't hear purr of the motor and exhaust. Headers did make a difference. Step on gas and there is a nice head snap effect. I also upgraded the headlights with new bulbs, the back up are now 55 watt halogens and added that relay that allows the high beam to run while low beams are on. I am thinking of adding a electronic cut out to exhaust to give it unrestricted flow from engine. Will be loud but worth it when the need for speed comes. any other questions, feel free to post.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Giz

I would love to upgrade the sound system,but were would I put the kids...as my wife would say.(I suggested a small enclosed trailer behind the truck, but you could imagine how that went over :shock: ).

I'm going to get the headers for my Tahoe next week and decide on the converters then. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Did you have to add any relays or such for the updated headlights for your truck? Just wondering how good they would work as I do alot of mountain driving here in B.C. I've seen advertisements on them but they also say "for off road use only"?????

The DVD/Nav system sounds great in your truck and 2000 watt amps!!!....turn it up I'll go outside and listen!..WOW....awesome bud.
My tahoe just has factory bose sound and factory DVD for the kids.

I'm sure glad our Tahoe came with quad bucket seats...the kids are farther apart and can't fight.

Anyways...thanks for the info and insight on a few things Giz. I appreciate it.
Oh by the way, I didn't really answer your question on the programmer if it was worth the money......It is....I've got it set to the second stage and its great.....firm shifts, great throttle response, acceleration is awesome.

Hope this helps

P.S. How are you doing Steve...thanks for the post. Is your wife related to mine?"????lol

Take care

Steve.... Vancouver B.C.
2003 Chevy Tahoe LT
2002 Olsmobile Bravada

·
Registered
17 Posts
The relay for the headlights are available from painless wiring. you can get them from summit also. I did not want to wait so I got them from autozone. Few dollars more but instant satisfaction. I used silverstar bulbs for fog and headlights both high and low, no relays needed. Taillights were plug and go. Makes a difference and no trouble from the law so far. It does get dark out here in someplaces. Room for stereo no problem since amps are under seats. subs are another story. I'm still considering upgrading the ignition system to msd coil packs but need more info before investing. I'll let you know when I do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi everyone

Just a quick update on my 03 tahoe.

I just installed the headers yesterday... I went with Gibson's performance headers. Lots of throttle response compared to before and a different sound....I LOVE IT!!!!!... :D

Also added a Airaid PowerAid throttle body spacerkit and air intake temperature sensor re-locate kit. Will see if there is much difference in the weeks to come as I play a little more with the programmer and squeeze a little more horses out of it. :twisted:

Like I said in a previous post......My wife thinks I'm a couple of frenchfries short of a happy meal. Now she just thinks I've gone loco...as she uses it for hauling kids for her daycare. One things forsure....everyone hears her coming.

I'm wondering what she'll say when I mention the other thought on my mind.......................SUPER CHARGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????? :shock:

I think I better let this sink in first........

Take Care

Steve Vancouver B.C.

2003 Tahoe LT
2002 Oldsmobile Bravada

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Steve,

Congrats on the headers..did you get the converters also?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Giz

No I didn't go with converters just yet. Wanted to see how it performs with just the headers on it.

Thanks for asking though.

I appologize for not repling to your post on the lights. Still might do that ,but in the next month or two as I spent my allowance money already this month...lol...

Anyway, hope all is well in Florida and chat with you soon

Take care

Steve.... Vancouver B.C.
2003 Chevy Tahoe LT
2002 Oldsmobile Bravada

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Awesome news on the headers. All I can say is good luck when it comes to the family politics behind getting your supercharger. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts